All reviews mountain view sapphire valley cashiers sapphire enjoyed our stay cell phone service indoor pool hilton honors beautiful area convenient location nice hotel place to stay oatmeal chain hotel hotel is located free breakfast front desk staff hot tub
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The desk clerk was unbelievably rude and did not correct a problem he was responsible for. He was a young black man with a all about me attitude, when i arrived and ordered additional pillows from one clerk and this one gave them to someone else, he refused to correct the problem or tell me how long it would be before additional pillows could be found. He was not on the phone but kept telling me when he had time he would deal with it but no time frame when sked. The next morning when i went for coffee he walked by my table and just stared at me in a very scary way. How would you like your family to experience this hateful attitude???

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
2  Thank Craig M
mlanning, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

To work a hotel has to hit all the moving parts, from reservations, to check-in, to room appeal and this property gets an "F" in all departments.

From inattentive surly staff, to phones to the front desk that were never answered, to an air conditioner in room 208 that didn't work and there was no one at the front desk -- perhaps asleep in the back room; to a lousy "free" breakfast that made your stomach turn; to a "we don't do that" response to a request for compensation for a sleepless night.

Yes, it is centrally located, but this kind of customer experience? Really?

What a

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jeff N
mlanning, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

I was shocked to read your comments on your recent stay at our hotel. If you would please contact me at the hotel so that I can find out the details of your stay. I do not condone any such actions of my staff and I want to ensure that all 'parts' of the hotel are working as they should. If you do not tell me the circumstances of your comments then our hotel cannot improve. I cannot be at the hotel 24 hours a day and need your assistance if something has gone wrong. I await your phone call.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Nice Hampton in a convenient location---between Cashiers and Lake Toxaway. Large rooms and well maintained. Beware most cell phone providers do not cover this hotel or the Cashiers area----which at times can be viewed as an advantage. If you absolutely must have cell service, nearby Highlands has good coverage. Pillows are firm and square---which if you like good loft is another plus.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

I was pleased to hear that your recent stay with us was an enjoyable one. Our location does have some areas where there are no cell phone towers thus the lack of signal. However it is nice to get away from the day to day noise and experience nature without being intrupted with a phone or text. Thank you for sharing and we hope that you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We spent three nights at this hotel in early August with the goal of relaxing and enjoying the scenery. All I can say is "mission accomplished!" The hotel architecture fits in with the mountain setting perfectly and we enjoyed the added touch of rocking chairs on the front porch area. Our studio suite was spacious, clean, and quiet as it was near the end of the hall and the view of the mountains was scenic. Breakfast was better than we have found at many Hampton hotels and the front desk staff was exceptionally hospitable. The indoor hut tub was terrific and the indoor swimming pool was inviting but the water a bit cold for our taste. A short drive to Cashiers took us to several nice restaurants and the surrounding area had some really beautiful waterfalls. Cell phone service was spotty but acceptable with patience while texting and the Internet worked flawlessly. We heartily endorse this hotel for a restful stay and some outdoor fun.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front for the best views. The hotel is often less crowded during midweek.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
mlanning, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

I read your comments about your recent stay at our hotel. I was pleased to hear that you had such a good time and it seems like you enjoyed the area as well. I appreciate hearing from all our guests. Thank you for taking the time to share your expereinces. We look forward to a return visit soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Always recheck reservations made in advance in case there are any misunderstandings. Breakfast option is beneficial to travelers. Internet access in rural areas may pose a problem for use of cell phone. This depends on your provider.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
mlanning, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

I was sad to hear that you had an issue with your recent stay at our hotel. If you could contact me at the hotel I would like to find out more details concerning the 'misunderstandings' that had occurred with your particular reservation. We do offer breakfast to our guests, which does include two hot items that rotate daily, hot oatmeal, fresh waffles, yogurt, assorted breads, pastries, bagels, 3 cold cereal choices, cut and whole fruit, milk, juice and coffee/tea. Cell phone use is limited in our rural area. Verizon wireless does offer the best coverage but it only works in about 75% of the area. For other providers like AT&T, Sprint, etc coverage is very limited or non-exisistant due to the lack of those companies not having towers in our area. Thank you for sharing your experience. I look forward to hearing from you directly about your stay.