“My kind of restaurant!”

Annie's Cafe
Scaly Mountain, North Carolina, United States
“My kind of restaurant!”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I love having a friendly little restaurant in our community that has delicious food and is affordable! I eat there often and have not had a bad meal. I especially enjoy the crabcake Annie and Trudie make. So delicious!! You can tell Annie is from the coast. It is a PERFECT crab cake. I especially love it on salad greens with Annie's great homemade salad dressing. Other favorites are steak sandwiches , wraps of all types, and Annie's meatloaf and spaghetti when she has them as specials. Good or better than home made. I guess it is really home-made right here! I love sitting in the sunshine near the window so I can see the snow tubers and the ice skaters. The snow was especially bountiful as well as beautiful today. I always feel like I've had a great lunch and a great time when I head over to Annie's Cafe for lunch,, gosh, I am getting hungry again just writing this!

1 Thank Bonnie G

Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food and Service”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Went with a group and all of what we ordered turned out to be really good. Try their home made corn bread and ice cream.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Hali52
Scaly Mtn, NC
“Fun and Tasty!!”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Great little restaurant! Local owner and chef. Different twist to old time favorites, i.e. grilled chicken sandwich is a tropical chicken sandwich, with grilled pineapple and Anne's own homemade dill dressing. Great soups and salads. Everything I've had is wonderful. You have a beautiful view of the Scaly Outdoor tubing center. People are very friendly, as always in Scaly Mtn!

3 Thank PatScalyMtn_NC
Scaly Mountain, North Carolina, United States
“tasty little lunch.”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We live in Scaly and there are only 2 restaurants really in/near the community. Bella's ( which looks closed for the season) and Annie's Café. We swung into Annie's and had lunch. My hubby ordered the house wrap. It's a wrap stuffed full of zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, black beans, chicken and cheese. With a hint of teriyaki flavor it is so tasty. Everything sandwich or wrap comes with a choice of a green salad, pasta salad or chips. My hubs is a pasta person so he had the pasta salad which was ridiculously good. I ordered the crab cake sandwich, which is handmade and comes on a ciabatta roll with a remoulade sauce and it was awesome as well. I had the green salad and Annie makes a cucumber dill dressing that is so good I think I could eat it on anything and everything. We also had spinach balls with a horseradish sauce for an appetizer. Though there is no fried food on the menu, you don't miss it with all the choices you have. Will be heading back:)

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank Trudie G
Dillard, Georgia
“Food”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Love love Annie's Cafe. This is my favorite place to be friendly people and great conversations. If you haven't tried Annie's you don't know what your missing.

2 Thank Mandy R