“Awesome park in Eastern NC”

Sylvan Heights Bird Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Visit the world's largest waterfowl park, featuring over 2,500 birds from around the world in large walk-through aviaries. Meet endangered waterfowl, flamingos, parrots, cranes, toucans, and more. Get an up-close experience with parakeets in the interactive Landing Zone aviary. Unique education programs teach students of all ages about waterfowl, wetlands, and environmental science. Admission: $11 for adults, $10 for seniors, and $8 for children. The park is open Tuesday through Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in the spring and summer, and 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the fall and winter.
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This was a spur of the moment trip--with grandma and 2 yr old in tow and the park was a hit for all age groups!! I was extremely surprised by the size and the variety of exhibits. We got there about 3:00 and I'm glad that we didn't arrive any later because we needed every minute to see all that they had to offer. The landing zone was great and feed/seed sticks to attract birds were very inexpensive and well worth the purchase!!

1  Thank KRHoover
There are newer reviews for Sylvan Heights Bird Park

Reviewed 3 July 2014

My husband and I went here after purchasing a Groupon. The front staff was very friendly. We really enjoyed walking through the exhibits, especially the Landing Zone. We took some amazing photos!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Wonderful place in the middle of nowhere. Birds are beautiful in their natural habitats. Feed the Flamingos! Bring a picnic and eat on the picnic tables. Or eat at Abrams - fried chicken or barbeque. It's a wonderful place to visit.

1  Thank Melisa M
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This was the second time we visited Sylvan and thoroughly enjoyed it. We only had about 2 hours but could have easily spent a could of more. This is a great place for photographers, school kids, and anybody who loves birds. They provide a great educational experience also. This is a very unique place and I will be returning when I have more time.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a magical place! Every time I come I enjoy it like a 5 year old and can't wait to return. Bring a picnic lunch and plan to spend the day. The most amazing collection of birds I've ever seen (and I've traveled all over the world!)

You can get very close, take amazing photos and see different birds interact together. Definitely take time to feed the budgies and flamingos in The Landing Zone. Beware the budgies like feet, so you might want to wear close-toed shoes although gentle movement will cause them to leave.

I can't say about wheelchair/stroller access since I don't use them, but it did seem to me like those would be fine.

Enjoy!