Masters Inn Smithfield
SuburbanHotels
US$94
US$105
Country Inn
Sleep Inn & Suites Smithfield(Smithfield)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$66
SleepInn
US$120
US$117
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 October 2011

We had just left Kissimmee Florida very early in the morning and had driven until about 8 or 8:30 and when we got to Selma we were exhausted so we pulled into The Masters Inn as it looked on the outside like a pretty good motel to spend the night. We rented the room and the desk clerk was very nice to us and gave us a smoking room that I had requested. I wanted a cup of Coffee so we went over to the the coffee shop and had coffee. By that time I was so sleepy that we decided to go to our room and go to bed. I was horrified with the room. I am a smoker but I had never in my life seen so my burnt cigerette marks (at least fifty) on a nasty dirty carpet. I did not even take my shoes off. Then we turned down the bed and was horrified at the stained sheets that had been put on the bed. We were so tired that I told my husband that I refuse to sleep on those sheets. We wounded up sleeping on top of the bedspread. When I got up in the morning, my husband then told me about some young teen boy knocking on our door at 1:30 am and he had told him to go away. When I got up the next morning it was even worse than I expected as the exhaust fan in the bathroom was hanging out of the wall. This had to be the worse room I have ever been into in my life and you can rest assured I will never go back to that motel.

Room Tip: Look at the room before you pay for it!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2011

I went there well over a year ago and will always remember this place as the worst hotel experience ever. The people that run it are dispicable. We had trouble booking another hotel down the road so went to this one to try to get two rooms. We waited a long time to get in and once we got in the floors were soaked and our feet squeaked as we went across. We quickly loaded our stuff in the room and went over to the other family members' room. The door to the bathroom was broken and my grandmother, aunt, and cousin all got locked in there at one point at separate times. We called and complained and they told us someone was on there way. (A year later, that person still has yet to show up) When they went to use the shower the next morning, after turning the water on, the nozzle shot out of the wall and a high powered jet of water was shooting across the tub. They turned it off and came to shower in our room. The chair in their room was covered in urine. They advertised "Free Wi-Fi" but we were informed after our purchase it was only for a few certain rooms we could not transfer. We called and complained at the desk multiple times for many other reasons that were beyond ridiculous. And at one point, while sitting outside, we looked over to see an employee URINATING in plain view behind the dumpster. ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank heza5
Reviewed 16 May 2010

Making the I-95 trip from FL to NJ several times a year we look for bargains in motels when we can find them. In the coupon book this hotel seemed to fill the bill and was approved by AAA (I've also written to them to share our experience). The motel was almost empty - this should have been our first clue. In our first room my husband took one look at the bathroom - urine on the toilet, hair on the floor, walls that looked like they belonged in a tenement, lamp plugs that were coming apart and a smoky smell (we are non smokers and this was a non-smoking room) and said call the front desk. We complained and they showed us another room next door. It smelled better but the room was shabby, carpet torn, magic marker on the furniture, lamps with unfixable flickering lights, and outside of the room a walkway littered with cigarette butts and assorted small trash in the parking lot. What really sealed the deal was when my husband killed the spiders in the room. We would NEVER go back here. We did talk to management rationally and explained they needed to clean up the place and we would not stay here. I don't think they understood why we were so upset. We travelled a several miles north and stayed at a wonderful Best Western in Rocky Mount.,NC. I wish we had had access to Trip Advisor while we were travelling in the car.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2010

In the Roomsaver coupon book, it sounded decent. It was the worst hotel I've ever been to. Even the TP holder was broken.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2010

Most disgusting place ever! Had to change rooms due to heat not sufficient, then other room heat just as bad. Woke up to bugs every where. Pillows horrible, bed horrible, entire place horrible. Also feel like owner made comment about hidden cameras in the rooms. When asked him to repeat, acted like he couldn't understand. Will be contacting some type of police, SBI, or whomever regarding this!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business