“Waitress, please!”

Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Supply
“Waitress, please!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

The restaurant was not that busy. I was seated immediately, but waited 20 minutes before I had to ask the hostess for a waitress. As I waited I observed a waitress and the hostess sitting at the front door playing with each other's hair! The waitress finally got up and went to check on a seated table without washing her hands.....yuk! They should have been reprimanded at that moment. Where is the manager?

When my waitress arrived she apologized and said the hostess did not tell her she had a customer....huh?....too busy playing with the waitresses's hair! But where was my waitress? I never saw her come out to check on her tables.

Food was ok but the experience left a bad taste with me.

• Visited October 2013

Durham, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dinner was decent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Had heard this place was GREAT. It was good. Had the Steak and Cheese sub and fries. A little too salty for my taste but the service was good and over all, would recommmend it. I will go back and try something different.

Service was great and the place was very clean :)

Shallotte, North Carolina
“Great food with great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

We have been coming here for years, and we still love it. The menu is huge, and the food is always good. More importantly, the waitstaff is always friendly and competent, and the kitchen is willing to work with our (allergy caused) substitution/omission requests. This is a good example of independently owned restaurant, done right.

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Okay for bar food...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

We got to the area late and went to Duffer's...not bad. Hubby's burger was huge, and he was quite happy with it. I had a salad and a baked potato. The salad was fresh, but I am guessing that the dressing was bottled. The baked potato was just plain cold. We had a great server and the atmosphere was fun. We will probably return...

Greensboro, North Carolina
“OK Food in Shallotte NC”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

Duffer's is an interesting place. It has a sports bar theme for an interior but with a dining area that is isolated by a take out area and disjointed from the bar. They have placed a small TV for viewing sports (I guess) in the dining area but the vibe of this place is confusing. The Hostess and our Server were both very friendly and enthusiastic but the rest of the staff moved like Zombies. The food was alright, maybe great for Shallotte, but would not hold up in a larger market with competition. All in all, predictable sports bar food quality in a place that can't decide if it is a sports bar or restaurant.

• Visited October 2013