“best mexican restaurant in the area”

San Jose Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 47 Restaurants in Shallotte
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Shallotte, North Carolina
“best mexican restaurant in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

my wife told me about this restaurant we went together in a bussines meeting the service and food are great i will recomend this eestaurant!

1 Thank rafaluci10

“Terrible will not be back”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Today was my 3rd time visiting san jose. The first and second time were okay. Service has been awful every time but today really sent me over the edge. We walk in they don't greet you. My daughter spilt her drink amd I ask for some napkins becaise I only had three and was ignored finally on the third time he got some napkins. Let's not forget to mention he seen we had a spilt drink and just sat there and look at us. So then after I cleaned up the mess. We ask if we could move tables because it was a tight area and out server acted like it was the end of the world. Very very rude. So we spoke to manager and paid for our drinks and left. We shouldn't of paid for anything. My worst experience ever at a resturant. I'm a server and I treat people with respect and I'm friendly so I think I deserve the same when I go out to eat.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank ruiz2011
“Terrible Food, Great Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I have tried this place twice, and both times have left feeling so disappointed. The food is terrible, and I always leave feeling sick. I have tried it twice because of the wonderful service, but can not justify going in again. Typical Mexican restaurant menu, with typical kid menu options. You will pay more if your kids want chicken fingers. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone right now.

• Visited April 2014
Shallotte, North Carolina
“The food is so fresh, delicious and great beer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

I have read the negative reviews and can't believe they went to the same restaurant. This is my favorite restaurant in the area. I love their refried beans, and the fresh vegetables served with the fajitas are delicious. The music from their sound system is real mexican music; I would go just for the draft beer and music. The servers are so warm and friendly; the service is fast. I love the whole experience.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank cameron000
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst Mexican Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

This was by far the worst Mexican food we have ever had. We got the queso dip which had the consistency of water. My taco salad was so full of liquid it looked like soup and the fried chimichanga he ordered was an unfried chicken tortilla covered in sauce. We both felt sick afterwards. You'll get better food at Taco Bell.

• Visited December 2013