“Doors”
Review of Days Inn Shallotte

Days Inn Shallotte
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Shallotte

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Shallotte
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Nice hotel, no significant complaints. Friendly and knowledgeable staff. Difficult to find entrance from Hwy 17 when it was dark.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

High Point, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband, son and I made a trip to Ocean isle Beach over the Memorial day weekend. We booked late so were unable to get beachfront accomodations as we normally do. My husband previously stayed at the Econo Lodge in Shallotte but I convinced him to try Days Inn instead as they had a fitness center (supposedly) and a better breakfast. I made a horrible mistake. When we arrived, the door keys did not work. When we got to our rom, it was FREEZING. Even though it was May, the room was entirely too cold as the AC was on full blast. But we couldn't adjust the temperature because the knobs were broken!! There were also vent panels that were damaged. There was a THICK layer of dust on the TV, dresser and coffee maker. The refrigerator was making a horrible noise so we had to unplug it. When I booked the room, I indicated that there would be 3 people staying (my son slept on sofabed). There were only 2 towels and 2 washcloths and no bedding for the sofabed. When I called the front desk, he informed me that I would need to come downstairs (no elevator) and get the additional towels and bedding. Also, we I complained about the room (after my husband tried to fix the knob) he told us we could move rooms. It was 10:30pm. Our son was asleep and we were in bed. No other solution was offered. The next morning (still cold) we visited the "fitness room". It was actually just 2 treadmills (poor quality and outdated) and a fitness machine that was broken. There were no towels, no cups for water and a horrible funky stench. At least the breakfast was halfway decent. Upon check-out I informed the front desk of our issues and she offered me a 20% refund on my stay, which equated to about $21. I told her I had pictures of everything! She curtly thanked me for brining the matters to her attention. Ridiculous. I will never stay at Days Inn again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank April A

Travellers are raving about these Shallotte hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shallotte
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Southport - Oak Island Area
Hampton Inn Southport
Hampton Inn Southport
#1 of 5 in Southport

Been to Days Inn Shallotte? Share your experiences!