“we loved it we'll be back”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Shallotte
Reviewed 29 July 2011

This had mixed reviews from years past. It has new management and I was so pleased with the staff all the way to the hallways and rooms. They went out of there way to be kind and make our visit nice. We dont smoke but all that was left was smoking so they went in and sprayed and put a machine to draw smoke out of room. We have family in the area and if I ever have to have a place to stay I will pick this hotel. For price It way out did a 4 star that i've stayed in.

Room Tip: The rooms were very clean and the bedding was new and so pretty and comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sherrimontgomery

Reviewed 20 July 2011

This hotel is convenient to several Brunswick County beaches, and is a good choice for anyone looking to save some money by staying a little further from the beaches yet in a location that is easily accessible to them -- and not too far from the South Carolina border, either if you want to take a drive to Myrtle Beach.

The front desk attendant at the hotel was very friendly. Our standard queen smoking room had no fridge or microwave -- the suites do, I believe. The room wasn't very large but it was adequate for two. Bed was just okay, pillows not that comfortable. Has a nice little 5ft deep pool.

Holden Beach, Ocean Isle, and Sunset Beach are all within a 20minute drive from the hotel. There was a convenient print-out at the front desk with directions to the beaches as well as a map and list of nearby restaurants. Downtown Shallotte is only a few minutes away, with a handful of restaurants to pick from including the typical fast food stuff (McD's, Hardee's, Taco Bell, etc) as well as some great non-chain restaurants like the Cattle Barn and Jerome's Steak and Seafood.

All in all this was a satisfactory stay and a good value.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ms-gnomie
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Picking a motel, sight unseen, and days in advance can be a challenge. We managed to pick a good one. This motel was clean and comfortable with a friendly knowledgeable staff. All we wanted was a comfortable good nights rest, and we got one. The only negative was the small size of the room. With two queen beds the room was very tight.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank dnmaly
Reviewed 30 September 2010

While transitioning my consulting firm to the NC coast, I was looking for accommodations while doing PR and market research and saw this hotel on Travelocity, but the reviews were horrendous. That is NOT THE CASE ANYMORE, that's for sure. The new owners are men of vision and caring and I was flabbergasted at how well I was treated when I arrived at what I expected to be an "average low budget hotel." Instead, these men, the owners, greeted me personally as I have seen them do all guests, check on me daily (I've been here over a month because the atmosphere is so positive and the rate is incredibly inexpensive), and the kicker was seeing one of the owners out back picking up cigarette butts with his bare hands because he wants his guests to see a pristine parking lot. Whatever problems this place had before are QUITE OBVIOUSLY gone. I spend about 260 days per year in hotels, traveling, working as consultant and, the last thing I want is a noisy place to sleep. Not the case here. Well insulated walls (I had no idea one of my clients was in the next room as there was NO SOUND, for almost two weeks when I saw him in the parking lot!), and the rennovations are going to turn this place into quite a gem in the Shallotte and Ocean Isle Beach area. If the post-remodel rates are even close to what they are now, this will be THE SPOT for those wanting a quiet and clean rest stop while visiting the Cape Fear/Brunswick Islands. Even the back parking lot is well-lighted and clean and the police (Shallotte) drive through periodically to check to make sure all is well, the halls are quiet at night and all in all, this place is ridiculously under-priced. Restaurants nearby: The Huddle House next door is closed but there are better places to eat. Breakfast here is Continental but if you want more, pull out of the lot, pull up to Highway 17, go left, and go to the Rest Stop exit (it cuts through to Highway 130) and the Waffle House is right there. For lunch or dinner, go to JEROME'S -- go out to the light at 17, cross it, Jerome's is on your right about 1.5 miles, buffet style food, much of it homecooked, and the salad bar is fresh and clean. The fried chicken has a good scald on it and the fish of the day is something locally-caught. If you want seafood to mircowave in your room, go to Ocean Isle Beach and check out Captain Jacks seafood on 179, fresh off the boat. Pizza? Go to the light, cross 17, go to Pizza Hut, and I've seen lots of them but this one is the bomb; a dynamite manager with all the right folks out front, wait-staff who know their business. I'll be here for two more weeks before moving into my condo I rented on Ocean Isle Beach and if you need more travel info, shopping info, whatever, write me personally at zanecofield@hotmail.com and I'll tell you what you need to know to enjoy your stay at the Microtel (SOON TO BE ECONOLODGE) in Shallotte, North Carolina.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank BiminiZane
Reviewed 11 July 2010

I must say i was hesistant about staying at this hotel because of all the negative reviews. After i was unable to find lodging elsewhere, i decided to stay at the microtel inn. The hotel is under new managment. It is very clean and affordable. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank dianneot
Reviewed 22 May 2010

Save your money and sleep in your car if you wanted a cheaper room! As explained in every other review this is no where close to the hilton or a roach infested super 8 for that matter! My fiance and I are forced to stay in this god forsaken dump as we speak due to poor planning on our part and they refuse to refund our money to go somewhere with standards! The health rating posted in the lobby says 92 which is wonderful compared to the actual condition of this dump! The inspecter must have been in a good mood or the staff may have actually done their job the day he visited! The blanket and sheets are riddled with burn holes and yellow stains! The entire 3rd floor has a distinct odor of an ashtray and cat pee! Please spend the extra few dollars for the Holiday inn that is just down the street! I wish we had!

1  Thank casiejean
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shallotte
Islander Inn
The Winds Resort Beach Club
The Winds Resort Beach Club
#2 of 3 in Ocean Isle Beach
Sea Trail Golf Resort & Conference Center

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!