“Highest priced Econo we ever stayed at”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Shallotte
“Highest priced Econo we ever stayed at”
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Very limited choices in the area rooms where clean but they had some flooding from a storm this summer and the carpet cleaning chemical odors are still very strong. If you are sensitive to chemicals or have small children we would not recommend u stay hear for the next several months . Otherwise the rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff is very courteous

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Speakup22

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 1 August 2011

My family and I decided to save some cash and skip the usual "beachfront" hotel prices.
We found the Econolodge online and it looked like a good place to try, ao we booked a few days with them. First of all, the guy that took our reservations that morning was excellent. He answered everyone of our questions with a smile in his voice. He said he had only worked there a couple months, and I sure hope they keep him! He sold us on this hotel!
Next, the day we arrived, we were warmly greeted and told of all the hotels ammenities and schedules. They gave us a map of the local beaches and a great little map on every restaurant in the immediate area. The maps were extremely helpful. We had arrived on Saturday night and left on Friday.
The room was pleasant, smelled great, and very comfortable beds. The hotel itself is located perfectly for day trips to Myrtle Beach or Wilmington areas, which we did during our stay.
Each time we returned at night, again, the front desk people made us feel like we were at home! I called the desk for extra pillows, and the front desk delivered them to my door in less than a minute! It was evident, the service here was top notch. These guys really care about thier guests! Definetely check out this little known Oasis! You'll Love It!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Scrappy2353
Matthews, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 July 2011

This had mixed reviews from years past. It has new management and I was so pleased with the staff all the way to the hallways and rooms. They went out of there way to be kind and make our visit nice. We dont smoke but all that was left was smoking so they went in and sprayed and put a machine to draw smoke out of room. We have family in the area and if I ever have to have a place to stay I will pick this hotel. For price It way out did a 4 star that i've stayed in.

Room Tip: The rooms were very clean and the bedding was new and so pretty and comfortable.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank sherrimontgomery
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 July 2011

This hotel is convenient to several Brunswick County beaches, and is a good choice for anyone looking to save some money by staying a little further from the beaches yet in a location that is easily accessible to them -- and not too far from the South Carolina border, either if you want to take a drive to Myrtle Beach.

The front desk attendant at the hotel was very friendly. Our standard queen smoking room had no fridge or microwave -- the suites do, I believe. The room wasn't very large but it was adequate for two. Bed was just okay, pillows not that comfortable. Has a nice little 5ft deep pool.

Holden Beach, Ocean Isle, and Sunset Beach are all within a 20minute drive from the hotel. There was a convenient print-out at the front desk with directions to the beaches as well as a map and list of nearby restaurants. Downtown Shallotte is only a few minutes away, with a handful of restaurants to pick from including the typical fast food stuff (McD's, Hardee's, Taco Bell, etc) as well as some great non-chain restaurants like the Cattle Barn and Jerome's Steak and Seafood.

All in all this was a satisfactory stay and a good value.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ms-gnomie
USA
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Picking a motel, sight unseen, and days in advance can be a challenge. We managed to pick a good one. This motel was clean and comfortable with a friendly knowledgeable staff. All we wanted was a comfortable good nights rest, and we got one. The only negative was the small size of the room. With two queen beds the room was very tight.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank dnmaly
U.s.
Reviewed 30 September 2010

While transitioning my consulting firm to the NC coast, I was looking for accommodations while doing PR and market research and saw this hotel on Travelocity, but the reviews were horrendous. That is NOT THE CASE ANYMORE, that's for sure. The new owners are men of vision and caring and I was flabbergasted at how well I was treated when I arrived at what I expected to be an "average low budget hotel." Instead, these men, the owners, greeted me personally as I have seen them do all guests, check on me daily (I've been here over a month because the atmosphere is so positive and the rate is incredibly inexpensive), and the kicker was seeing one of the owners out back picking up cigarette butts with his bare hands because he wants his guests to see a pristine parking lot. Whatever problems this place had before are QUITE OBVIOUSLY gone. I spend about 260 days per year in hotels, traveling, working as consultant and, the last thing I want is a noisy place to sleep. Not the case here. Well insulated walls (I had no idea one of my clients was in the next room as there was NO SOUND, for almost two weeks when I saw him in the parking lot!), and the rennovations are going to turn this place into quite a gem in the Shallotte and Ocean Isle Beach area. If the post-remodel rates are even close to what they are now, this will be THE SPOT for those wanting a quiet and clean rest stop while visiting the Cape Fear/Brunswick Islands. Even the back parking lot is well-lighted and clean and the police (Shallotte) drive through periodically to check to make sure all is well, the halls are quiet at night and all in all, this place is ridiculously under-priced. Restaurants nearby: The Huddle House next door is closed but there are better places to eat. Breakfast here is Continental but if you want more, pull out of the lot, pull up to Highway 17, go left, and go to the Rest Stop exit (it cuts through to Highway 130) and the Waffle House is right there. For lunch or dinner, go to JEROME'S -- go out to the light at 17, cross it, Jerome's is on your right about 1.5 miles, buffet style food, much of it homecooked, and the salad bar is fresh and clean. The fried chicken has a good scald on it and the fish of the day is something locally-caught. If you want seafood to mircowave in your room, go to Ocean Isle Beach and check out Captain Jacks seafood on 179, fresh off the boat. Pizza? Go to the light, cross 17, go to Pizza Hut, and I've seen lots of them but this one is the bomb; a dynamite manager with all the right folks out front, wait-staff who know their business. I'll be here for two more weeks before moving into my condo I rented on Ocean Isle Beach and if you need more travel info, shopping info, whatever, write me personally at zanecofield@hotmail.com and I'll tell you what you need to know to enjoy your stay at the Microtel (SOON TO BE ECONOLODGE) in Shallotte, North Carolina.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank BiminiZane
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 July 2010

I must say i was hesistant about staying at this hotel because of all the negative reviews. After i was unable to find lodging elsewhere, i decided to stay at the microtel inn. The hotel is under new managment. It is very clean and affordable. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank dianneot
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shallotte
Ocean Isle Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Southport - Oak Island Area
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#13 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!