“Clean. Clean. Clean!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Shallotte
Garner, North Carolina
“Clean. Clean. Clean!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

After searching the ONE and ONLY Trip Advisor for a nice hotel, we choose Econo Lodge in Shallotte NC. Ive read many great reviews amd wanted to see for myself!!! I actually found myself LOOKING for filth!!! Found none!!! Even looked on the baseboards!!! No dust AT ALL!!! The ONLY thing i could find is that there wasnt a sign at the road directing you as to HOW to get to the hotel!!! That was a chore in itself!!! The staff WAS as great as I read and the room WAS clean!!! Kudos to the management AND staff who detail the rooms!! Thank you!!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank cowgirlup4293

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

Though the hotel rooms are quite small they are organized and up to date. Very very clean and the service from hotel staff was some of the best customer service I have ever received. The price, great customer service, and close proximity to public beaches makes this a hotel I will definitely be providing my business to again in the near future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank JayH3006
Pamplico, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

As you may or may not know, rooms worth staying in anywhere along the Grand Strand this time of year are not what one would call "bargain priced" so to find an acceptable room within 15 miles of our destination for $80 was a good beginning for our little trip. Upon arrival, the first thing we noticed was how clean and well-kept the outside of the property was. This carried over into the inside as well. The place was spotless. It smelled fresh and not because of air freshener. The property was genuinely clean. The room was adequate in size and thoroughly clean from baseboard to ceiling. The staff were friendly and obviously took pride in their work. There wasn't a frown in the place and they conveyed the sense that they were truly happy that we were there. I can recommend this Econo-Lodge as a good value and a well-kept, clean, place to rest a tired body. If you want a 5-star resort with every amenity imaginable then this is not the place to stay as there are plenty of those nearby to choose from. If you're looking for a clean room for a decent price and a friendly staff then this is the perfect choice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Room. Overall. Was ok. Very clean. Good mattress. Good smell. Like clean very good for what I pay. Not a 5 star resort. If I wanted that. I would have to drive back an hour and pay at least $200 a night. The hispanic guy that works at the front desk was outstanding.as I was checking out. He had a very unpleasent guest (female)that I personally think that she is not a happy person at all. And the clerk handle the issue very well on a professional manner..I will stay here again. No doubt. :)

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank chico813
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE!! We stayed at this hotel in mid August, when we received our credit card statement we found an additional charge of $83 to the bill. When I called to find out what happened the manager/owner informed me that our service dog had left such a smell (in the less than 12 hours we had occupied the room) that the employee at the time almost "threw-up and they had to leave the room vacant for weeks"...THIS IS A LIE. This is completely untrue and all I can imagine is that it is their way of making more money by fabricating stories and ripping off their customers. We were on a week + long road trip coming from the south and stayed in over 8 rooms with our pet and not ONE other hotel had an issue...because our dog did not smell!!! STAY AWAY they will rip you off.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank 08HeatherR

Travellers are raving about these Shallotte hotels

Whiteville, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

Rooms are the size of a closet. I expected better for what I had to pay to get a room!! No amenities! No fridge, no coffee pot and the coffee in the lobby is watered down. Beds are very hard. It is like sleeping on a concrete slab. No one was able to get any decent rest due to the pain these beds caused to our backs and necks. Today is suppose to be an enjoyable day spent at Holden Beach but I don't know how much fun we will have since we are all so tired. I will never stay here again

Room Tip: Best tip I can offer.....find another hotel.