“So So” 3 of 5 bubbles

Jerome's Steak & Seafood
Ranked #15 of 47 Restaurants in Shallotte
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Buckner, Kentucky
“So So”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

After 11 years of driving past Jerome's while on vacation we finally decided to eat dinner here. I would highly recommend that they update there restaurant and clean it better. My husband & I both had the special of the night T-Bone steak with a Baked Potato. We were allowed to visit the salad bar once with a tiny plate. The selection on the bar was very good but I would have liked to go back after dinner for some fruit. Our steaks were over cooked and the waitress made no attempted to correct it. The best thing we had was the baked potato stuffed with onions and mushrooms topped with bacon and cheese. The management needs to speak to their young staff and tell them it is not appropriate for their friends or fellow workers who were off to hang out at the cashier booth. We were sitting right by it and a 4 young adults where talking to the staff and they stunk! I was about to gag from their B.O. This is no way to run a restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank 2DIslands

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
“V❤️LUE ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful value this place is. I did not know salad bars even existed like this anymore. Fabulous meal, service and variety of good. It's family atmosphere, so don't go expecting a romantic quiet dinner. However for a delicious meal for a great low price, you will not beat this place. And the salad bar is outstanding!

Lexington, North Carolina
“Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Good food and service most any time we have eaten here. My only suggestion to be aware of the change-over time from lunch buffet to dinner salad bar and menu orders. When the change time occurs you best have your grazing done or you will not have a food bar to return to for seconds or nibbles.
Good Selection and Fresh food!

Visited May 2014
Sunset Beach, North Carolina
“Attention to detail lacking.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I didn't want to travel north or south for a good steak so I stopped in here. Salad bar was great but I did notice most of the lettuce was browned more than I would like and mostly the inner harder leaves. My beef tips were cooked extremely well but the mushroom gravy had very few mushrooms, maybe they were just small.

My complaint is that I had a "finger wipe" mark on my plate, I ran out of tea twice (it was great by the way) and the bathroom was nothing to be desired. I actually just washed my hands and skipped the restroom part. Most of the tables had food under them and some of the chair backs were noticeably greasy. Just more attention to detail would have been nice.

Will return but maybe for just the salad bar, plus it was a good price.

Cramerton, North Carolina, United States
“Best Whole Flounder Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Jerome's is the best seafood in the Shalotte area. The whole flounder is to die for! A huge piece of fried flounder a little bigger than the plate arrived. The seafood platter was also excellent with the best scallops I think I've ever eaten. The fish tasted like it was caught that very day, and it was fried to perfection. Even the slaw and hushpuppies were remarkable. There is also a nice salad bar, and others at the table said that the steak was delicious, too.

• Visited June 2014