“VERY NICE AND LARGE ROOMS WITH GREAT BATHROOMS!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Shallotte
Reviewed 14 August 2011

A Quick Trip.....We stayed here for one night after a Family wedding and wanted a day at the beach but because all the hotels in Ocean Isle were booked up we ended up staying in Shallote here and We were very pleased. The rooms are very clean and have fridges! The bathrooms are very roomy ! They have an AWESOME Complimentary Breakfast with Bagels waffles juice cereal oatmeal.etc.The works! :) The beds are comfy and if we will definately be back there when we are back in the area. Our Room price for a 2 queen room was 109.00.I iwsh I could remember the Hotel clerks name that checked us in ..( he said he was from TN too) He was very nice and pleasant to talk to.!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 May 2011

This was a very nice, clean, large, comfortable room. Very pleased. Room had a couch, easy chair with ottoman and coffee table. Comfy beds. Very fast and friendly check-in. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2011

The staff is very friendly. Rooms are very clean and always cleaned for my next night of stay. I stay 3 nights a week when I stay. Restaurants, Gas, Theater, Games, And Etc are just around the corner from this hotel. I mean what more could you ask for........well I did forget the pool and workout room. Yes they have them to.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank metanyou
Reviewed 14 June 2010

We had come down to look at selling a boat for a friend. It was a last minute decision to come to stay overnight and we showed up at 10:00pm and got a room right away. We wanted non smoking but all that was available was smoking. The room was musty smelling from being closed up all winter long. But that was not the problems. First off the lights were unplugged in the room so we had to pull out the dresser to plug them in and that's when we seen the first bug. It was a small spider but that is USUALLY no big deal to 2 guys. we were tired and went to sleep ASAP because we had a early morning coming. I got up and went to the bathroom after the lights had been turned off. When I flipped the light on in the bathroom a big roach run across the floor. I killed it, washed my hand and then reached for the towels. Thats when the second one came running out of a folded up towel. upon closer inspection the shower had several black hairs in the bottom of it and in the drain. The carpet was so dirty if you had just your socks on you were picking up dirt with em. Then we got to looking at the comforters, I don't think the thing had been washed in several years. hairs, stains and trash all matted into it. the only good thing I can say about it was the continental breakfast was pretty good. After seeing the rooms we probably should have passed on the breakfast but it didn't kill us. But for nearly $120 I would have much rather stayed at the Gray Gull on Holden beach for $95 a night. the catch with them is you must make a reservation by 5:00pm.
I would NOT recommend this hotel to you and I can say that I will sleep in the truck before I stay at this hotel again.
We did not ask for another room nor did we tell the front desk of our problems. We just wanted to get out and hope we didnt carry any bedbugs home with us.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2009

This was the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed in. The first thing you notice when you walk in is the smell. It smelled like a horrific combination of cigarette smoke and mold and mildew. I have never smelled a stronger and more pervasive musty smell in my life. All of the furnishings in my room and the lobby were worn and very out of date. It reminded me of the late 70's early 80's. I didn't think it was possible but my room smelled even worse then the rest of the hotel and felt damp. The comforter on the bed was extremely pilled and gross. The tub in the bathroom was chipped and had rust stains. When I asked the woman at the desk about local restaurants for dinner she showed me an old and frayed book with menus for places 20-30 minutes away. All the while neglecting to mention there was a brand new Chilis and Quizno's less then five minutes away. If you can stay anywhere else I would do so.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2007

Based on previous reviews I wasn't sure how I would like the hotel, but I was very pleasantly surprised. The room was large, and had a pullout sofa that I hadn't known about. The room was very clean and had a microwave and refrigerator. The internet service worked perfectly and easily. And the breakfast was great! Not your typical skimpy continental; there were boiled eggs, fruit, yoghurts, make your own waffles and of course bagels, cereal, etc. The breakfast server was extremely responsive, helpful and friendly. We stayed for 3 nights and I am really glad I tried the hotel; it was a great experience. Another nice touch is they put out fresh apples and cookies in the afternoon. And I think the location is good too since it is right off the 17 and easy to find. It is really just a short drive to several different beaches.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank motherof8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shallotte
Days Inn Shallotte
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Southport - Oak Island Area
Hampton Inn Southport
Hampton Inn Southport
#1 of 5 in Southport

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!