“Nice and Comfortable”

Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Shelby NC
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Shelby
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I stayed at this Holiday Inn when I most recently came to Shelby, NC for a family member's Homegoing Services and the front desk staff was very pleasantly accommodating. The room was clean and so was the bathroom. The hotel is situated in an area that was conducive for walking to a Shopping Mall and Movies, as well as Ruby Tuesday and McDonald's. I will stay here again and strongly recommend this hotel for your stay in Shelby, NC.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Eric T
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Shelby NC, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Dear Eric T,

We thank you for your recent review of our hotel and am pleased to note that you made mention of the clean rooms and hotel staff service. It is comments such as yours that highlights certain areas for us to focus on to become the best hotel in the area and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Zelyn N

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I had a meeting on Monday morning so I was looking for a local hotel in Shelby. I looked at Tripadvisor and found the Holiday Inn Express to have good reviews. Upon arrival, I was greeted with a smile and quickly checked in. I asked for a room change and had no issues getting one close to the front desk to reduce walking. The room was clean the TV had all the channels I liked. Room temperature was easy to adjust to meet my comfort.

Next morning, breakfast was ready and the nice lady greeted me with a smile. We talked about life and how to enjoy the simple things from the "good old days". Check out was quick and again a smile from the desk rep. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

Hotel is not on Hwy 74, so watch for signs and turn at the McDonald's opening.

Room Tip: Hotel is in the shopping center behind McD's.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lee G
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I know they don't rate the Holiday Inn Express using the diamond system, but if they did, this little jewel would rate five! You are greeted at check-in by a cheerful desk clerk and the smell of chocolate chip cookies baking. The rooms are always clean and well prepared( we have stayed here many times). Morning coffee and breakfast is much more than you would expect from an express hotel. Only drawback, if you didn't reserve early enough to get a ground floor room, you will have to carry your luggage up to the 2nd floor----no elevator.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 January 2013

when you open the room door - the bathroom sink is immediately on the open side of the door. if your wife was drying her hair you would smack her with the door

clean room - comfortable, but layout was starnage from my perspective

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kevin B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Shelby NC, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Dear Kevin B,

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

One more hotel out there with out dated policies on credit card holds. I was going to book and pay online as I do with every room every week I travel. I would say 90% of Holiday Inn's do not require a second credit card at check in for "incidental holds" bu this one does. They lost my reservation and stay over this.....over $10. Wake up management!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TravisTompkins
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Shelby NC, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Dear TravisTompkins,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your stay. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide.

Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered during your visit. This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving the quality of service that we provide.

Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Dhan M

Reviewed 2 January 2013

For a Holiday Inn Express, this isn't a bad hotel. It's probably the best option in Shelby. Unfortunately, the hotel decided to charge me for another 2 nights stay after my 2 night visit. When I called and inquired about the charges, I was told that I indeed stayed at the hotel for a total of 4 nights when I really only stayed there 2 nights total. I explained very calmly that they must be mistaken, but they were pretty rude and thought I was lying. After a week of going back and forth with management they finally came to the realization that their computer system had a glitch and charged me for 2 extra nights. I would have appreciated a bit more tact on their part during this inquiry.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank macgaddy
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Shelby NC, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear macgaddy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us.

While we are very happy that you chose our hotel for your this stay, we are sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects during your visit. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you had and for the dissatisfaction the level of service provided by our staff has caused you.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Rest assured that your comments will be used to reconsider improvements. We look forward to being of service to you again.

Dhan M

Reviewed 19 December 2012

Checking in hotel was easy and the desk clerk was pleasant. We needed extra linens and were given what we needed. Breakfast the following day was good. Hotel was renovated about 3 months ago and they did a great job. Room was clean and did not have any issues. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. You will not go wrong by staying here.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank mrholiday30
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelby
Hampton Inn & Suites Shelby
Days Inn Shelby
#6 of 8 in Shelby
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Boiling Springs - Gardner Webb University
Holiday Inn Express Kings Mountain

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Shelby NC? Share your experiences!