“Great value”

Becky's Log Cabin Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Smithfield
Becky's Log Cabin Motel
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Clean, spacious and comfortable accommodations for folks on a modest budget. Friendly, helpful staff. Nice to escape the chain motels and support a local small business. Restaurant on the property is convenient.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 November 2012

This place was a surprise...it has been in business for a while but it was wonderful...excellent room rates and clean. Very quite and front desk staff excellent. If is out side of town just east of interstate 95 at Exit 95. Just couple of miles access to a variety of places to eat that are fast food and also restaurants, but they also have a restaurant that is right n the property in the parking lot. Definitely a place I will stay again.. Pluses.... Access, availability, price, atmosphere, hospitality..cleanliness..roomy. Stop by and check it out ......

Room Tip: We stayed in the king size room it was excellent Wonderful bed
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Timbercreek3399
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I checked in around 10 PM. Decent price for the area. I saw the sign for AAA so I inquired about the discount. Was told, "We don't give discounts." The lady was very friendly at check-in, told me about the best place in town for breakfast, the next morning. Also suggested I go to Golden Corral, which is only open for breakfast Fri., Sat. & Sun. I was there on a Tuesday night.
There were only stairs on the outside to get to room 80, so don't bring your heavy luggage in. The room looked nice when I first walked in. I t did smell REALLY BAD of stale smoke, as it's a smoking room. The rug was damp & had a musty smell to it. It actually smelled like the room hadn't been used in months. I plugged in my laptop and tried to use it. This was not possible if the air conditioner was on. It was 80 degrees outside, so I chose the air over the laptop.
The king sized mattress was VERY soft & uncomfortable. Just as I was headed for bed, I had an itch on my ankle, I looked down and there was a big ole flea having a feast on my. I then felt another bite on my right leg. Then my left ankle again. I was being attacked! I jumped into bed. I didn't get bit in bed, THANKFULLY!!! I could only sleep for 5 very restless hours. At 6:30 AM I finally went to the front office/restaurant for the complimentary "continental" breakfast. The coffee was HORRIBLE!!!! I couldn't even drink it. The danish was inedible. The OJ was undrinkable. Needless to say, I left. After waiting for almost ten minutes at the front desk, with no one there, I again asked the morning front desk person about the AAA discount. She informed me that the AAA discount was only for the restaurant. I pointed out that there was a AAA sign for the motel & that it was also advertised on their business card sitting on the front desk. She then gave me a dirty look and stated again, "It's for the restaurant." I got in my car and started to leave. ANOTHER flea attack. Two on my right ankle & 1 on the left. I went to the nearest store to buy flea spray and sprayed my car.

Room Tip: Don't sleep in Room 80!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank richnrich04
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Becky's Log Cabin was a pleasant surprise and good budget-minded alternative to chain motels in the Smithville area. The motel is very convenient to the I-95 exit and has a restaurant on property. This was a basic motel room with two double beds, television and bathroom with combo shower/tub. My only mild complaint would be the somewhat thin walls that allowed some sound intrusion from the adjacent rooms. If you are looking for a clean, comfortable room, a light breakfast and price under $50, you should consider Becky's. You certainly could do a lot worse for twice the price.

Room Tip: Rooms further from the office would be better if you plan to sleep in since there is a good amount o...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LiveLoveTravelNow
Reviewed 4 April 2012

A little hesitant after reading the reviews on line, but when we got there were very pleased with the accomodations. The restaurant/lounge was very nice, quiet, and the food was very good. Would recommend staying at Beckys!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pat K
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Every year, my Wife and I go to Myrtle Beach, SC from Wilkes Barre, PA. Every year we stop at the Log Cabin Inn in Smithfields, NC because they have rooms, at a reasonable rate and Smithfields offer a great area for shopping ( Smithfield Outlets). This gives us an opportunity to "strech our legs" after driving 8 hours.

Becky's Log Cabin Inn is a fine stop, on the way. If you don't mind olderTV's, furniture and everything in general, then you would also like to stay the night in the Log Cabin Inn. It is above average clean, but most of the rooms have an odor, but not so bad that you need a spray. Overall, not a bad place to stay.

Room Tip: I try to get a room near the check in area. I just like that better.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank MSAsafetyman
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Room 70 is full of bed bugs!if you think I'm a liar stay there.itch log cabin should be the true name of that dump!

• Stayed: July 2011
4  Thank truthbeto
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithfield
Sleep Inn & Suites Smithfield
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 6 in Selma
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95

Been to Becky's Log Cabin Motel? Share your experiences!