Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Smithfield
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This hotel was immaculately clean which was a pleasure! As others have reviewed the signs and orange barrels made this hotel incredibly hard to find even though it was just a mile off I-95! There are many places to eat in the vicinity but again you have to dodge the orange barrels.

Check in was a breeze...I am however spoiled by other Holiday Inn's and was expecting some cookies or a bottle of water at the very least.

We had a room on the top floor (4th) and thought that would be quiet but around 2 a.m. heard a large party going to their room. The room was well laid out and spotlessly clean. I couldn't find a speck of dust and the bathroom was exceptional. Beds are wonderful.

Breakfast was average with the usual Holiday Inn Express fare. Checkout was also a breeze and very friendly. A great place to stay but not a 5-star yet.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Vanessa P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Susan L,
Thank you for the great review of our Holiday Inn Express & Suites Smithfield - Selma - I95, NC. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We really appreciate you for taking time to tell us how we are doing. I’m glad that you received excellent service during your check-in. We apologize that other guests kept you from having a good night sleep and that our breakfast seemed average. We have addressed that with the team and improvement is on the works. I hope that you’ll stay with us the next time you need a hotel in Smithfield, NC
Highest Regards,

Vanessa Powell

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Construction is frustrating and signage is inadequate. However one you arrive it is well worth the hunt even though both entrance signs are marked exit.
Great breakfast, god rooms and excellent staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Vanessa P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear TiMiCo,
At the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Smithfield, NC we strive to accommodate you and it is every important to us that your stay with is a memorable and comfortable experience. We are delighted to know that we have exceeded your expectations and very pleased to read your comments, we appreciate your kind words regarding our team. We know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, especially when traveling and we are always happy to know that our guests enjoyed our delicious choices. We also understand how important a good night sleep is to our guests and our Simply Smart linens make that possible.

Construction indeed has made getting to our location a bit frustrating especially after a long drive. Our sincerest apologies.

Thanks again for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Smithfield, NC

Best Regards,

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I chose this hotel for our three night stay for one reason...The indoor pool! The last time I was in Smithfield, we stayed at the Super 8 which has an indoor pool but the rooms were not that clean. We chose Holiday Inn this time and it was very clean but the indoor pool was out of order! The receptionist said it had been out of order for a few days and they were working to get it fixed. When they finally got it fixed, it was still too cold to swim in. I understand there are circumstances that might be beyond their control but it's still pretty disappointing.

• Stayed: March 2014
Vanessa P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Vdscott23,

Thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express & Suites Smithfield, NC. We apologize that we failed to make a great impression throughout your stay because of our pool was not available. Please believe me when I tell you that we are sorry that we weren't able to have it fixed (thanks to complications) in a timely manner. We want you to know that it is fixed now and we would like to personally invite you back to our property in the near future. We appreciate you and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed here for only a night on our way to SC. The receptionist was very friendly and welcoming. The room was spacious and clean. We liked the high ceiling. Breakfast was good.
The area where the hotel was had many restaurants. We did not go to any. We ordered in pizza and received discount with code printed on the room key.
Understand the hotel is about a year and a half old.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Vanessa P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear ArtNYC,
Thanks for your great review of our Holiday Inn Express & Suites Smithfield, NC. Our team prides itself on providing quality service to our guests and we are thrilled that you liked our spacious rooms and breakfast. Hopefully you did not leave the property without having a delicious Cinnamon Roll or our yummy Pancakes.

Please visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Beautiful new hotel with the excellent rooms, amenities and breakfast we look for. Would have liked to have stayed longer. Everything was clean and very quiet. Beds always comfortable. Staff courteous and helpful.
We will definitely be returning on our visits south. Stay February 16-17, 2014.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Vanessa P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear jpinet,

Thanks for the great review of you stay with us! We are excited to see we were able to meet and exceed your expectations and hope we were able to make your time here memorable. I will share your review with our team, I am sure they will be thrilled to read how you rated us. We would love to have you as our guest again and look forward to your return. Thanks again for your generous review and we wish you safe travels!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I am sitting in what appears to be a brand new hotel. It is beautiful. Our room is big and has comfy chair. I wish I had this desk at home. Bedding of course is the best. So glad to be here. This will be a stop every time we go through here.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear leisuresusie,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share with us and other travelers, your awesome experience here at the Holiday Inn Express 7 Suites Smithfield, NC. We are happy to know that you love the place and that we will have the pleasure to see you again.

Soon, we will have more choices on our breakfast menu that we are sure you will love. Come back soon!

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Seemingly Brand new hotel with heated indoor salt water pool, fitness center. Rooms are spacious and very well done. Beds and linens were very comfortable. We had 2 rooms- both were very quiet even with us being close to the elevator. The only lackluster experience was the breakfast. It was just ok. We had stayed 2 weeks earlier just up the street at the Hampton Inn where the breakfast offerings were fantastic- so this standard fare was just ok- scrambled eggs tasted like powdered eggs, greasy sausage, biscuits, flavorless gravy, etc. pretty common for free breakfasts. But the local area has a bunch of food choices close by and it sits right off 95 so location for traveling- is fantastic. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2014
Vanessa P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thank You so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful and detailed review. We are delighted to know that you had a fantastic stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Smithfield. NC. We are pleased that you were satisfied with the spacious and very convenient rooms. However, we noted your concern regarding breakfast and we want you to know that the Holiday Inn express brand will launch new breakfast items with a variety of healthy choices.
Thank you again for staying with us and we do hope that you have the opportunity to come and stay with us again soon.

Vanessa Powell

Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithfield
Country Inn and Suites by Carlson, Smithfield
Hampton Inn Selma / Smithfield I-95
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 10 in Smithfield

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95? Share your experiences!