“5 Stars”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“5 Stars”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My wife & I visit craft breweries throughout the US, and this was one of our delightful finds; and in a community that business takes me to on a fairly regular basis. We have now been to Double Barley twice and both times it has been a wonderful experience enhanced by delicious beers.
On our first visit both my wife and I got separate flights so we could try almost all the beers that were on tap. Just about all of them were beyond our expectations (and this comes from a beer consumer who usually does not like IPAs as a rule.) My wife loved the Strawberry Field of Dreams Wheat and the Double Dubbel. I am a dark beer enthusiast and was wowed by the Steak Cake Stout and the Thrilla In Vanilla Porter, and both of us were impressed by their Wandering Wilma Imperial IPA.
On our second trip we ordered pints of beers we knew we liked (by the way they also have 10oz. pours.) The barmaid (whose husband is one of the brewerers; I think) recommended I try a combination of the Steak Cake Stout & the Thrilla In Vanilla Porter in a blend she had named Vanilla Cake, and it may have been the best brew I have tasted all summer!
The tap room is very inviting, the barmaids are extremely friendly, there usually is live music on the weekend nights, a beer garden is available for out-door seating, and there is a limited menu of food served, that also was quite delicious.
I highly recommend a visit by anybody interested in the craft beer scene!

Visited August 2014

Wake Forest, North Carolina
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“What a great place!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is a new brewery and we rode our bikes there for a look see. What a great place! Really nicely done! The beer is exceptional, lots of variety. The gal that took care of us was really nice and appreciated that they had outside seating. We did not get any food but the limited menu looked amazing. Will be back.

Visited May 2014
Selma, North Carolina
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Double Barley Brewing”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We love Brew Pubs and Micro Breweries. We came to the Smithfield, NC area we found Double Barley Brewing in some of the literature we picked up. We checked out their web site and decided we wanted to visit. What a great find! You have to check out their web site. It is a great operation that not only have great micro-brews but also great food. Cheryl and Larry Lane and the whole crew at Double Barley Brewing know how to make you feel welcome and have a good time. We almost feel like we found family away from home. If you are in the Smithfield area you really need to check out Double Barley Brewing. Their address is 3174 US Hgw 70W, Smithfield, NC 27577

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Jimmyhikes
Clayton, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rating 5 ***** Growlers! Always a FUN time at Double Barley Brewing!”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Double Barley Brewing in Wilson's Mills has it ALL going on. We have been visiting Double Barley since their grand opening last October. You would never know they have only been open for 7 months. With each visit, whether it be with friends or just my husband and I we are never disappointed. The taproom is so inviting with its cool décor, comfy furniture with lots of different seating options and local artwork hanging throughout. The brewery space is HUGE and impressive & their tour is so intriguing. The owners are definitely loving what they have created and are amazing tour guides on explaining how that yummy beer gets into my pint glass!!! Last weekend, we chilled in their outdoor beer garden with my fave IPA Touché and had the best Panini I've eaten in a long time after we did a 5K fundraiser run sponsored by DBB for a local cause. The bartenders are always happy to see you walk in with a friendly hello and smile! I am looking forward to some upcoming events at DBB -- art, magic and music. This is not your "run of the mill" brewery. A GREAT BIG thanks for opening this brewery in JoCo and giving this Clayton girl a great option to kick back and relax. Well done Double Barley!!!!!!!!!!!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank scoombs1
Rockville, VA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Good beer, great times!”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We were recently investigating things to do while in the Smithfield area. It was a gorgeous Friday afternoon and we went to Double Barley. We were welcomed warmly and received a great description of the nine beers on tap. Both of us chose "flights" trying four 4 oz. pours of four different beers. Great fun. Personally, I enjoyed the one with raspberry the most and the one with banana second. It was a sunny, warm afternoon and we drank out in the beer garden. We met a great guy from Germany who stops there often after work and had wonderful conversation. d'Burrito food truck was there and we ordered nachos that were AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! The fresh cilantro and generous toppings made them really tasty. Next thing we knew, three hours had passed. When we cashed out, one of the bar tenders, Angie, threw my husband a can cozy as it was his birthday. Nice touch!

Visited March 2014