“Best Super 8 I've even been to”
Review of Super 8 Smithfield

Super 8 Smithfield
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Smithfield
Chattanooga, TN
“Best Super 8 I've even been to”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We came here on a family emergency so I just picked something cheap. Very pleasantly surprised from the beginning. The check in staff was friendly and helpful, room decor was nice, no problem finding a plug to charge our phones, free WiFi actually worked(!!!), TV reception was good and clear. It's still definitely a Super 8, cheap mattress, thin blanket, cheap towels, shampoo but no conditioner or lotion. Regardless, it's worth the price for a place to lay your head.

Stayed August 2014
xit95i95, General Manager at Super 8 Smithfield, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Fantastic! We love to hear that we are the best Super 8 you have ever been to! We have been rewarded the designation of “Pride of the Super 8” and take great satisfaction in our friendly staff and keeping our rooms clean and modern. We do provide soap, shampoo, lotion, coffee, a single-cup coffee maker, microwave, small refrigerator, alarm clock and an iron, as well as an ironing board, in the room. At the front-desk we do have a few additional items for those times when you forget such as conditioner, toothbrush, toothpaste, a razor and shaving cream. Thanks again for giving us a try and for your wonderful recommendation!
Lynn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
miami
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Through the past year, I have been at this Super 8 four times. The hotel is clean and the staff is courteous. Usually, I hate to make reservations and always find myself reserving this location as I know what to expect and don't desire to wonder what I will get after a long-drive.The rooms are clean and the beds are amazingly comfortable. The indoor pool always appears to be clean and inviting. However, I never used it. Also, the place caters to my own Pet Peeves of requesting a room away from the highway and away from the lobby. In addition, if you are arriving late, they give you a polite courteous call. I think this is a nice personal touch. This time my only issue was that the housekeeper was standing by my door at 8:20 am waiting for me to checkout. I placed the Do Not Disturb sign on the door to alleviate this. It was strange that she followed me to see if I was checking out at the front desk but she saw that I went for breakfast. This seems to be an occurrence in many hotels that housekeepers ask the guests when they are going to check out of the room. This practice should not be allowed. Please don't get me wrong, the housekeepers do an amazing job of keeping the rooms and hallways extremely clean even when the hotel has all types of rooms available for their customers. Room available are non-smoking, smoking and pet-friendly.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing away from the highway.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
xit95i95, General Manager at Super 8 Smithfield, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you frequent traveler for staying with us! There is always someone at the front-desk ready to take reservations at 919-989-8988 and with our “6 PM Day Of” cancellation policy, changing your reservation is just as easy. Our front-desk staff is always willing to accommodate our guests with any room location requests to the best of our ability. So kind of you to recommend us so highly for being clean, quiet and courteous! We love to offer our guests comfortable beds with abundant pillows for a great nights sleep and a super selection at breakfast to get your day started right. I apologize that you felt rushed in the morning and appreciate you bringing it to our attention, I will definitely address this with the housekeepers. Thank you again for your wonderful review and we look forward to your next stay!
Smithfield
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel for years. It is a very nice, clean hotel. The staff is friendly & accommodating. When I traveled to Maryland, I stayed there July 2. There was a lady working training a young man. They were very helpful getting me the room I wanted. I'd like to thank them for their patience & assistance. (I'm sorry I can't remember their names). I also stayed there on my way back to Florida on July 20. Very nice stay then as well. I have read the reviews on this hotel & I want to contradict the few negative ones. I have NEVER had a dirty room...they have always been clean. I have NEVER seen a bug in my room. As many times as I've been here, occasionally the desk clerk will say "Oh, I've seen you've been here before". It's a pleasant surprise they take notice of it, but I don't expect it. Also, I'm not from Carolina, but I love the boiled eggs as a breakfast option! Breakfast is good, I appreciate what you offer. (Maybe some bananas & apples with the oranges would be nice).I miss the muffins, but the little cinnamon rolls are better than they look. The pool has always been nice! I appreciate the morning,newspapers! I'll be glad when all the highway work is done & last but not least, I still miss the old showerheads! Great job overall & see ya next time! :)

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Shannon S
xit95i95, General Manager at Super 8 Smithfield, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Wow! Thanks for that outstanding review and long time loyalty! We are very proud of our friendly staff here and are so glad they made you feel welcome. Holly is a true asset to our team and we know Noah is learning from the best! We love to offer our guests clean, quiet rooms with comfortable beds for a great nights sleep and a super selection at breakfast to get your day started right. We can't thank you enough for making us your hotel of choice in Smithfield and for your fantastic recommendation.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here for one night on a road trip from Florida to Jersey. Front desk staff was friendly and they had all paper work ready to go and checked us in right away. The room was clean and comfortable with a fridge and microwave. We stayed for $82 and breakfast was included the next morning. Location was good, right next to restaurants and the outlets so I we could exercise our legs a bit after the long drive. Oh, they also had an indoor, heated pool.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor and the room was interior entry, instead of exterior which means yo...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
xit95i95, General Manager at Super 8 Smithfield, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
We aim to make check-in quick and pleasant to help get you off the road and into one of our inviting rooms! Our location sure does have it all, with convenient access to I-95, the Carolina Premium Outlets, and many restaurants there is always something to do. We are glad you enjoyed our continental breakfast which includes 2 kinds of cereal with milk, toast with butter and jam, hot oatmeal, waffles, cinnamon rolls, fresh fruit, juice, and newly added sausage biscuits.  We are looking forward to seeing you on your next trip through Smithfield!
Bunker Hill, West Virginia
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Room was clean, spacious, had a microwave and fridge. The indoor pool was nice. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful! Very close to the I95 and the outlets. Would stay here again without hesitation! I was considering other hotels in the area. I'm glad I chose this one. Just as nice and a fraction of the price!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank ERat
We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We pride ourselves on our clean and up-to-date rooms and property. Every room includes a mini-fridge, microwave, iron, ironing board, coffeemaker, and hairdryer. Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We can't wait to see you next time!