Just completed our 20th annual fall trip to PineNeedles. First the golf: Pine Needles is relatively short, but don't let that discourage you. The real real test starts from 100 yards and in. Great greens that seem to be large and inviting until you watch your ball roll and roll into one of Ross's famous bunkers. Mid Pines has just reopened after a 4 month renovation that brought it back to all of it's original glory. It will be acclaimed as one of the best Donald Ross courses that you can play. Scenic, beautiful, and iconic in a natural state with wide fairways, no rough, and native grass and sand waste areas. Did I mention brand new greens with a wonderful hybrid turf? It reminds me of the newly restored Pinehurst #2, and you can play it for about one third of the cost. Stay at PineNeedles with their very comfortable rooms, and make sure you eat and drink at the historic bar at PineNeedles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the fragrant pine forest of North Carolina, you will find an experience unlike any other: For nearly a century, golfers have reveled in the serene ambiance of Pine Needles and Mid Pines Resorts. Two 18-hole Donald Ross designed resort golf courses have earned us our place among the country's best golf resorts – and one to which our guests and USGA Championships return to time and again. We deliver brilliant golf paired with southern hospitality in a casual atmosphere right here in beautiful North Carolina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Pine Needles Resort and Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pine Needles Resort And Country Club Hotel Southern Pines
- Pine Needles Hotel Southern Pines
- Pine Needle Resort