“Lukewarm water!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Southern Pines
Reviewed 16 February 2014

My husband and I spent the night here for Valentine's day. The hotel is very clean and modern, the furnishings are up to date and the staff was very friendly. The king suite was nicely appointed and very comfortable. The only complaint is the water was not hot- I think the hotel has the water setting too low. This is probably done to conserve water and to manage the energy bill- nonetheless at the end of the evening, a nice hot shower would be great! The same was true for the morning. The vending area only had drinks, no chips or cookies and no bottled water- overall it was a great stay! I would stay again!!

Room Tip: Great location really close to many eateries and the local cinema!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Frances M

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Hotel was newer and very clean. Has a tiny fitness center. Free breakfast which was good for a hotel. Price was about $85 a night which is the highest I would pay. There is a pool but not indoors. Plenty of restaurants near the property. Would stay there again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I usually stay in Holiday Inns as a last resort, as the wireless access is generally horrible. This HI was an exception. The wireless was decent, and my iPad stayed connected without having to log back in periodically. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. I would stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DJ M
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We were goimg to Southern Pines to attend a holiday party with some friends and needed a place to stay for the night. This hotel was a little bit more than some of the cheaper hotels in the area but well worth it! We were able to see some of those hotels since our friends were staying in other places. (I would definitely not recommend the Days Inn.) This Holiday Inn was very modern, the staff was very courteous and even comes with a hot buffet breakfast. Go on and spend a couple extra dollars , you will not regret it with this hotel!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Very nice hotel, showed up without a reservation but got a nice room....top rate accommodations, showed up to breakfast a half an hour before it shut down and food was a little limited but what was there was hot and fresh and good...again the staff was very helpful and friendly. Lots of restaurants nearby...many within walking distance.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is always good because there is no one above you.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

I moved to the area for work recently... I had to stay at this hotel for two weeks until I found a place and it was the best hotel experience ever.... I recommend this hotel for all visitors of the area

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 20 November 2013

As a person who travels around the United States for a living, I have to call many hotels home... I have to give kudos to Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Southern Pines, for making my stay feel as such. The staff was extremely helpful to me day and night ! My room was very clean and comfortable. People may not think that simply remembering my name and asking if my stay is going well is a big deal, but I do. Thanks to Pierre for his help (pep talks) with finding great resturants in the area and helping me locate the nearest Fedex Office :). thanks to Lisa for making me laugh and making sure I had hot coffe and fruit at 5am before leaving out for work. My overall experience has been comforting, I cant wait to visit Holiday Inn Express & Suites Southern Pines again!

R.Johnson

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southern Pines
Homewood Suites by Hilton Olmsted Village (near Pinehurst)
Residence Inn Pinehurst Southern Pines
Best Western Pinehurst Inn
Best Western Pinehurst Inn
#2 of 12 in Southern Pines
Hampton Inn & Suites Southern Pines-Pinehurst

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites? Share your experiences!