“Business Trip "US OPEN"”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Southern Pines
Phoenix, Arizona
“Business Trip "US OPEN"”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I recently was traveling on business and stayed 8 nights! The hotel itself was very clean the breakfast buffet was great but what truly made my stay memorable was an employee named Jordan! I cannot say enough about the customer service I was provided by Jordan from the time I checked in through the entirety of my stay. He was so attentive to any needs I had during my stay and was knowledgeable about the area and really went out of his way to ensure we not only felt comfortable at the hotel but in the town during our stay. The owner/manager should be so lucky to have him as employee as I would love to have him working for me any day!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Was staying at the Hotel for the Mens US Open. First time being in North Carolina. Jordan was extremely helpful, recommended great restaurants, always happy to help. Everyone there was helpful but Jordan went above and beyond helping me out with getting around town and where to eat. Your hotel has a good one in Jordan guy deserves as raise.

Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed at the property for the US Open for 8 nights. Location is prime, Everything is within 2-5 mins of the hotel. Jordan the sales manager was extremely accomodating. There wasnt a question he couldnt answer. He provided great suggestions for dining and entertainment. Jordan made our experience a 10 star experience. Hands down the best service I have ever received in the Hotel industry. Jordan is certainly a great perk of the Hotel. I would stay at any hotel he worked at without any questions. GREAT JOB JORDAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Thank Lamont M
Georiga
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My review is from a road warrior perspective being on the road 40+ weeks out of a year and staying all over the USA. First off, the road warriors will like this hotel! This hotel exterior is extremely clean and maintained. The amenities like the pool area and fitness room is extremely clean. Must say my experience with Holiday Inn has been horrible checking in!! The guy "didn't" greet us with a smile, looked at our reservation and said "I see you have an AAA Rate". I guess he thought we lied to get the AAA rate, ask for our AAA card. The guy didn't say Welcome or how are you doing, "typical Holiday Inn". Personally, I think it was very folly and low class in my opinion for him to ask for the card. "First off, we are gold member and it’s on file." Secondly, we are paying guests and he was more concern with catching us in a lie than providing an excellent guest experience when checking in. Regarding the room, the room was a very large suite which was "very clean", appealing and spacious. The room was equipped with fridge, microwave and sink. The bed/pillows were comfortable and so soft. The bathroom had all the necessary toiletries and extras. Our suite was located on the backside of the hotel overlooking the pool on the 3rd floor. The noise level was "none"; the room was next to the elevator. If you have conference calls and etc... you can work in peace at this hotel. The housekeepers don’t spam the doors and bump the walls when cleaning! The housekeepers are nice and helpful. Can't speak on the breakfast. Restaurants are within walking distances, large and small food chains/grocery stores. Freeway access isn't close, but the hotel is located in a peaceful area. I don't this is a small town it’s more of a little city. Would've given 5 stars but the desk clerk wasn't friendly initially when checking in. Honestly, later on the guy who checked us in appeared to be very nice and friendly. I just wish Holiday Inn clerks was a little more guest service oriented when checking in and hold their front desk clerks to a higher standard. The Holiday Inn front desks are always 95% of the time a hit and miss.

Room Tip: Suite on top floor (3rd) overlooking the pool. Next to elevator; you will not hear any elevator nois...
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed there on route, nice hotel with good staff.
Checkin was quick and good. Added bonus of breakfast included. Great location for pinehurst golf, some good eat houses around if needed
Rooms are good and clean

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peter T
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed for a week for the US Open. best experience ever! The rooms were large, clean and the breakfast buffet was great. A special thanks to Tonya, Jordan, Prathik and Angie- they were awesome! All of the employees were so helpful in every way. The owner of this Holiday Inn should be very proud and honored to have such a great staff!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank doccarol
Niceville, Florida
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Upon arriving tired the receptionist greeted me with a big smile and welcome. After checking in a said I was tired and wanted to eat somewhere good, not a chain restaurant. He immediately recommended a local place and made reservations for us. Our meal was perfect and we returned to a fantastic room and slept the night away in quiet.Our room was very clean and well prepared for our visit. As mentioned we were greeted warmly and enough positive comments cannot be made about this HI.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southern Pines
Best Western Pinehurst Inn
Best Western Pinehurst Inn
#3 of 12 in Southern Pines
Hampton Inn & Suites Southern Pines-Pinehurst
SpringHill Suites Pinehurst Southern Pines
Homewood Suites by Hilton Olmsted Village (near Pinehurst)
Residence Inn Pinehurst Southern Pines
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 7 in Pinehurst

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites? Share your experiences!