“Home away From Home”
Kichenette: no stove/oven.
Full Bath
Washer/Dryer Unit
Half Bath
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Whispering Pines
Reviewed 25 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

Check-in / front desk
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway
SouthernP...
Savannah, Georgia
“Perfect for friends and family who can't fit in our house”
Reviewed 26 August 2012 for a stay in August 2012

In fact, I'm sure they preferred staying at the Hospitality House instead of bunking with us! The location is perfect - very close to downtown Southern Pines. My girlfriends could walk to all shops and restaurants as well as to our home. They had a fully equipped kitchen (no stove but there is a hot plate) and plenty of sleeping space. The house is on a quiet street and the screen porch is perfect for dining or just anything. There is not a fitness center or swimming pool but my friends got plenty of exercise walking or jogging in the neighborhoods. The price is better than any area hotel.

cammci
Iowa
“Better than a hotel!”
Reviewed 28 July 2012 for a stay in July 2012
person found this review helpful

Visited the Southern Pines area and decided on renting a house vs. going to a hotel. A decent hotel in the area might be $85-$125 range, but for me staying at "Southern Charm with a Twist" was well worth any extra money.
Pros:
>Clean, clean, clean! Love how the wooden floors feel on my feet.
>Nice appliances---even had a Keurig available for delicious coffee. Used the W&D too.
>Nice fluffy towels, linens.
>Plenty of room to spread out. Awesome screened in porch area.
>Computer w/printer.
>No pesky keys--password protected access to front/back door.
>Off a side street, so it seems very secluded. Some highway/road noise, but only if you sit on the porch and listen for it.

Cons:
>Not sure if WiFi was available for laptops as it was password protected. I brought my own WiFi so didn't inquire for PW. I'm sure an email sent to the owners would have clarified it.
>No tub--while not an issue for me, my mother was hoping for a relaxing bath.
>No dishwasher--maybe an issue for some, but not for me. Just washed as we used items.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The roominess
Liked least: no dishwasher
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
ace2649
San Francisco, California
“Great House!”
Reviewed 26 June 2012 for a stay in June 2012

This house is absolutely wonderful. The house and grounds are beautiful, you can tell they put a lot of care into it. The home is equiped with everything that one would need while traveling from shampoo, to coffee, DVDs, games, books, and everyone's favorite wine. We were really very impressed by how close the house is to the main/downtown area of Southern Pines. Everything is within walking distance. I also loved the shower, there is a window that over looks the backyard area and it's really very soothing.

Our friends that live in town were very impressed as well and we will all be recommending the house to all of our friends.

Molly B
Algonquin, IL
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 29 November 2011 for a stay in November 2011

I spent a week at the AOS Hospitality house and it was the best stay I have ever had. I've stayed at 5 star hotels throughout the country and none of them were as cozy, clean and more like home that this cottage. The bed was very comfortable, we could cook our own food, do our own laundry. We would enjoy a cup of coffee in the rocking chairs out front on the screened in porch in the morning. We did a photo shoot out back in the wooded and private backyard. We walked into downtown several times for exercises and shopping! They had everything in the cottage that you needed from coffee, filtered water, a computer and printer in the office, games and card games, DVD's, ipod alarm clocks next to both beds. They have thought of it all. Although I would love to keep this place my own little secret I have to highly recommend staying here and have to give credit where credit it due.

Travelling group: Family
NC
Reviewed 16 August 2011 for a stay in July 2011
people found this review helpful

Check-in / front desk
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 65+
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Our_Vacat...
Southern Pines, North Carolina
“Fun Girl's Night”
Reviewed 1 February 2011 for a stay in January 2011
person found this review helpful

This house was amazing, I felt like we were at home from the moment we walked into the front door. When we arrived there was a gourment fruit and cheese platter already to go in the fridge, it was the perfect warm welcome for me and my girlfriends. We cozied up to the dinning room table and had cheese and wine and felt just like we were at one of our own houses.

This evening was a child free getaway for six mothers and it was exactly what the doctor ordered. We walked to dinner around the corner at a wonderful italian restaraunt called Coach Light. After dinner we walked into downtown Southern Pines and went to several venues for live music and drinks. At the end of our evening we were able to walk back to the house. The house could not have been more centrally located in downtown, so easy to find and get around.

The interior was so charming, the two bedrooms are upstairs and share a bath. Very warm and cozy, we put two girls in each bed upstairs. Downstairs the sleeper sofa worked great and it felt very private because the other bedrooms were upstairs. Also a nice big powder room in the kitchen with a washer and dryer. I will definetly be using this house again, in addition to girls' nights, because I live locally here in Southern Pines, it will be perfect to put my extended family in when they come to visit.

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Make Enquiry
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing