“unauthorized use of credit card”

Econo Lodge & Suites Southern Pines
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Southern Pines
Apex, North Carolina
“unauthorized use of credit card”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Very horrible experience and will never go back to this location. Clutter and construction materials lay throughout the building, I felt like I was on a job site and needed a hard hat to enter. Due to this construction several areas are cut off leaving you very disoriented as to which way to go. All this aside the most unbelievable part was two days later I noticed a $30.00 charge was applied to my credit card. I called and they claimed it was done due to a hole in the wall-rediculous. If there was a hole in the wall wherever it was I did not put it there. I was very upset and called the lady who claimed to be the manager and found it very diffficult because she kept cutting me off and also dont think she could fully understand me due to the slight language barrier. I have turned this matter over to the police dept and it is now in there hands.My strongest suggestion: DO NOT USE THIS HOTEL .

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank David D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Medina, Ohio
Reviewed 29 September 2010

Stayed one night on our way to Hilton Head. Basic hotel. Not able to walk to any thing from this location. Clean, but very cluttered. Trash bags in the hallways and foyer. Breakfast had very few choices, cheap food (nothing hot, no butter or good coffee.) Clerk refused to give Choice Privileges Points because she discounted the room. The rate was not that much lower than other hotels in the area. I would suggest staying at another hotel in the area

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BJH22
North Carolina
Reviewed 15 October 2009

We just stayed at this motel for our son's 4 H shooting competition. We arrived after 8 & departed by 7:30 the following. The room was comfortable & clean. My only "complaints" were the blanket on the bed has some holes (but it was extreamly clean), the bedspread is not what you have all comfy at home, it's clean, (slippery cause of the material - I think polyester so it makes the "noise" when you move) but it covers you. I loved the pillow though. We had a good shower with plenty of hot water for us all. The AC worked good. The breakfast was nothing to get especially excited about, waffles were good, donut holes, muffins & OJ not so good (I like Tropicana). Coffee was hot & ok. Three types of cereal offered, no regular donuts when we got there around 6:50 - 7:00. However I would stay there again because it was nice & clean. Only thing is you'll have a hard time finding it. GPS will not find it.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
United States
Reviewed 14 March 2009

My secretary booked this hotel of a group of us. What a mistake. The room smelled, there were blood stains on the sheets, and there was a group staying across the hall that I think may have been selling drugs...for sure they were smoking cigarettes like no tomorrow and you could smell it in my room. People came and knocked on the door across the hall every 15 minutes. The place was awful. My secretary is lucky I didn't fire her.

At least the front desk staff didn't give us a hard time when we told them we were only staying for one night vice the three we had made a reservation for. We went up the road to the new Hampton Inn...much better.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank obmario

Travellers are raving about these Southern Pines hotels

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 February 2008

I found this Econolodge to be better than most of the other in that brand I've seen. I know a couple of people reviewed with problems, but my room was fine. Clean, comfortable and everything worked like it should. I think it was probably the owners that checked me in and they made me feel very welcome and seemed to really appreciate my business. I'll stay here again next time in in that area.

• Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
USA
Reviewed 30 January 2008

I was spending the weekend in a nearby town and decided to stay with a hotel chain that I could trust. I booked this hotel online as it looked like a nice clean hotel. When I got there, I asked to see the room before paying. The hotel had a terrible odor to it upon entering. I did not want to rent the room but it was 10 minuted past the 4pm cancellation time and the manager threatened to charge my card even if I didn't stay. The room itself was dull and dark, dust covered the ac unit and furniture. There was mold on the bothroom ceiling. The room was a non smoking room but had a very strong smoke odor as well as other odors. While packing up to leave and checking the room we found several beer cans under the bed (not from us). When exiting the room to leave I realized why the hotel was in such shape. Doing the housekeeping was what appeared to be a teenage boy and very elderly man. All in all....RUN do not stay here!! I have even tried to resolve this issue with the chains customer service, and all I was offered was $30.oo toward a future stay. THat shows me they don't care how the hotels are run or how the customer is treated. Do yourself a favor.....find a different hotel!

• Liked — They did have a hot shower
  • Disliked — staff and dirty room and odor
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank familytraveler949
wilmington, nc
Reviewed 13 June 2007

The front office staff was friendly, fast and efficient. The hotel had a bad odor- I could not decide if it was due to the hotel being "pet friendly" or too many smokers disregarding the no smoking signs or more likely mildew. The paint was peeling from the ceiling and the wallpaper was peeling from the walls. The A/C was very cold. The linens appeared clean. I've stayed in worse places but I won't choose to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
#3 of 12 in Southern Pines
Days Inn Conference Center Southern Pines Pinehurst
Days Inn Conference Center South...
#10 of 12 in Southern Pines
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Southern Pines
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 7 in Pinehurst
Residence Inn Pinehurst Southern Pines

Been to Econo Lodge & Suites Southern Pines? Share your experiences!