“Great place to stay on a budget”

Econo Lodge & Suites Southern Pines
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Southern Pines
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The Econ Lodge was clean and the staff was friendly. Just what I was looking for. After a horrible experience at The Greenleafe Inn at Pinebluff, we checked out of there and found ourselves at the Econo Lodge. They really made this a great trip. I would recommend it to anyone traveling this area on a budget.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Stayed here one night. Staff was very nice. Room was fairly clean, but bedding was worn. Beds were too saggy for me. Bathroom shower was in need of grout cleaning. The room was very quiet. Cable and Wifi had no issues for us. Room was sweltering hot upon arrival with the air conditioning shut off. Hallway was unbearably hot, no air. . Understanding cost cutting of electric, it still would have been nice if someone would have turned the air on while we were checking in at least. Breakfast. . . . it was free and typical of hotel continental breakfast, that's all I can say about that. Seemed to be in a safe area. The walk in rate was $5 more than advertised online. Nothing fancy here, If you just need a place to sleep and shower, it was fine.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2012

This place is a good place to stay if you just want to relax and have a good time. Theres lots of stuff to do here and the rooms are very clean. The people who work here are nice and if you have a problem they are there to help anytime. Also breakfast is nice with different types of foods.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 September 2012

The motel has a convenient location, but was almost empty. If you are looking for a clean and quiet place to stay in between golf rounds, this is the spot. Save $$ on the motel and spend more on golf. Eat breakfast elsewhere - little variety. Rooms clean, and common areas were good, also. Not an old motel - looked rather new. Really - if you are a golfer, consider this place. If you have a family or other issues, consider paying more. Remember: You get what you pay for!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2012

they are in construction and all the ground floor rooms were unavailable and there is no elevator..room fair but beds saggy and too soft...just wouldnt stay there again if I didnt have to

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2012

My family stayed just one night cutting through on our yearly road trip. This was a first for us, we checked in pretty late right before midnight and left returning the key around 9. To begin with we could hardly understand the front desk gentlemen, several times our questions and concerns were responded with something completely irrelevant. I believe he did not understand what we were asking and just came up with what he thought was the best answer. Chopping it up as being late and we will not be out first thing in the morning we went to our room. The room was fairly clean, but very cheap and smelly. Smelling like an old cigarette in the non-smoking room, us having a small child with asthma this was a concern of ours and asked for a different room. And return we received one less smelly yet stained filled on comforters and floors. We called it a night using our own blankets and air mattress. In the morning we started receiving phone calls at 8 a.m. asking if we are checking out we told them yes very shortly. But they called once more, and housekeeping walked in once and knocked on the door once. Feeling pushed out we left as soon as we could get the kids together without showering or helping ourselves to the breakfast. Now the kicker, we checked our checking account they charged us 30$ for damage to the room. Apparently we put a whole in the wall, they didnt call us to inform us of the damage or running our card. We tried speaking to them about this knowing we did not put any whole in the wall nor any other damage. In the process the lady continually interrupted me and has hung up on me each time Ive called. I have not been rude no irrational with her, she tries to speak over me and when I ask her to calm down she hung up. My husband has tried calling which shes done the same to him. I will call and as soon as she hears my voice she hangs up. I will never return here do not recommend anyone to stay here.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Danelle D
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Very horrible experience and will never go back to this location. Clutter and construction materials lay throughout the building, I felt like I was on a job site and needed a hard hat to enter. Due to this construction several areas are cut off leaving you very disoriented as to which way to go. All this aside the most unbelievable part was two days later I noticed a $30.00 charge was applied to my credit card. I called and they claimed it was done due to a hole in the wall-rediculous. If there was a hole in the wall wherever it was I did not put it there. I was very upset and called the lady who claimed to be the manager and found it very diffficult because she kept cutting me off and also dont think she could fully understand me due to the slight language barrier. I have turned this matter over to the police dept and it is now in there hands.My strongest suggestion: DO NOT USE THIS HOTEL .

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
#3 of 12 in Southern Pines
Days Inn Conference Center Southern Pines Pinehurst
Days Inn Conference Center South...
#10 of 12 in Southern Pines
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 7 in Pinehurst
1 mi away
Residence Inn Pinehurst Southern Pines

Been to Econo Lodge & Suites Southern Pines? Share your experiences!