“Good food, good service and atmosphere.”
Review of Fishy Fishy Cafe

Fishy Fishy Cafe
Ranked #11 of 86 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 May 2014

During a girls' weekend, we stopped at Fishy Fishy to have lunch - the staff were attentive and friendly, the food was good and the view was too - we ate outside. Would definitely go back and would recommend.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,354)

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We visited Fishy Fishy during our first visit to Southport. The food was all freshly prepared with a freshness you could taste and smell. The sweet tea was among the best I've ever had. The outside dining is a must. The wait staff were all very friendly 5 attentive. Definitely recommended!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

My family and I recently vacationed at Oak Island and of course Fishy Fishy was a MUST! I have heard only good comments from family and friends that have dined at this restaurant. Great scenic view, outside dining, fun décor but our food was not so good. We arrived at 5:30ish for dinner. We waited for about 10 minutes to be seated. After being seated, drinks orders were taken. When our server returned with our drinks she informed us that the "fryers" were not working and the restaurant was closing. She advised that we could not order fried foods with the exception of the homemade chips, as she had instructed cook staff to hold a few orders for our table. Fortunately my family likes seafood served broiled, seared, baked, etc. so the "fryer" problem was not an issue, plus we had some fried homemade chips coming our way. Well, maybe we should have left. The food was disappointing and we were served bagged potato chips....not homemade chips! We ask about the chips and our server said the cook staff did not "save" the chips for us. As a person who typically orders broiled/baked/seared seafood I was not impressed with their version of food preparation. So, for future visits if the fryer is no working, I will go elsewhere.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I have dined here on several occasions and this last visit has made up mind, this has been a consistently great experience. I came with my in-laws here a year ago and we loved it. I came back with my wife and it was still outstanding. Grouper bites were fresh and delicious. I had some bacon wrapped shrimp, she had a seafood basket. It was all good, fresh & tasty, the service was fast, and I have absolutely no complaints. I am sure we will return.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Great food, Great Location, Great staff,
This was our first visit and I will say the next time we are in the area we will be going back! We loved sitting outside watching the boats come in and out. The staff was very pleasant and the food was great. Everyone from my 6 year old to my 60 year old parents loved it. We can't wait to go back during our next trip south.