“Great lunch spot”

Thai Peppers
Ranked #23 of 81 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oak Island, NC
“Great lunch spot”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

When you live at the beach it's easy to get tired of seafood. Thai Peppers is a good place for lunch. It has been in Southport for quite a few years and they have never refurbished the interior. The friendly service makes up for this. Lunch will get you a cup of soup and a choice of entrees and a drink for less than ten dollars. My favorite is the crazy spicy noodles. Try it you'll like it!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank sudagirl51

Upstate New York
“Great entrees”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I would have loved to give Thai Peppers 5 stars because we always enjoy our meals there when we're visiting Southport, but I find their peanut sauce to be watery and on the weak side. I would also not recommend ordering the Salad Kaeg which is not what it used to be (it's now small, expensive for what you get, no eggs, only one slice of tomato, etc.). They get 4 stars overall, however, for their excellent, generous Satay and for their equally generous and very delicious main dishes. We have yet to try any of their entrees and be disappointed. The service is fine, and the curries are as good as what we have eaten in large cities for more $$$. The place is certainly worth a try if you want something different at the beach from the usual fish/steak restaurant.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank QBzzz
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Pretty good place to try”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Had to try this place after hearing it was good but the service can be slow. I wouldn't suggest the sushi but the curry was good, my Mom ordered the Panang and I ordered the Pad Thai. My Mom ate most of mine she thought it was so good.

• Visited July 2014
“I love their Sushi and Wonton Soup!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I love their sushi! I also love their wonton soup! I eat there so much because the service is good and the food is good! There are so many choices for everyone you go with in the group. Some people can have sushi, some people can have thai food, some people can have salad! Many choices, and good food! Big portion! Give it a try! :)

• Visited June 2014
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Enough variety to work for everyone”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

It's surprising large once you get inside. Very dated decor but the kitchen knew what they were doing. We appreciated the extensive menu and the opportunity to customize each order to personal tastes. Everyone enjoyed our meal.

Visited June 2014