“A litte 'rustic'”
Review of Riverside Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Southport
Riverside Motel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Southport
North Carolina
“A litte 'rustic'”
Reviewed 13 November 2012

The location in Southport is great - right on the water and walking distance to the shops and restaurants.

Our room (room 2 I think) was right next to the attached restaurant, which wasn't ideal, and the porch swing area seemed more cramped in the corner than the other porch areas. The view was lovely, but the porches aren't very private. We had a large group staying next to us and almost spilling on to our porch at one point - not really a problem, as they were quiet, but it could have been most unpleasant - not that you can really hold the motel accountable for other guests!!

The room itself had everything you could need and seemed clean enough, but was little rough around the edges. Not sure if my expectations had been raised by the pictures on the internet, but all in all I was little disappointed.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank PooksNorthCarolina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Abingdon VA
Reviewed 30 August 2012 via mobile

Having read the reviews, I was prepared for "basic"...but a little taken aback by appearances. Later,after some time in the swing,getting a workable combination of pillows (my bad..should have brought my own) and finding the bedside light was just right for reading, I was Ok. I called to see about a TV listing and, returning from a torrential trip to dinner, found one hand-delivered and stuck in my door. And when I woke up this morning, a HUGE freighter was going by. Makes up for the rest...plus some! HOWEVER...beware of that "restaurant next door"! BadbadbadBAD!!

Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank JIW44
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I have stayed at Riverside Motel about 6 times now, I love this motel. Pros: location, private swing on back porch facing the water, very relaxing, has connecting restuarant, other resturants in walking distance as well as shops. Fishing pier, has books in room to help with local events and stores. Cons: rooms are a bit small, the bathrooms could use a 2nd inspection during cleaning, wasn't the cleanest but bearable. parking is a bit tough if you have late check in - the lots are not marked and people are not parking to allow for others. Some people may think stray cats are a nuisance but I personally like animals - regardless they are wondering around some but are very scared of people. Overall I love it because I keep going back :)

Room Tip: check website page to see room pictures.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank mgroberson
Somers, New York
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I recently stayed at the Riverside for two nights. The location is unbeatable. No argument there. The room was comfortable, however extremely moldy and the smell was really difficult to deal with. I have allergies and needed to take a benadryll in order to be able to stay there. The water pressure in the shower was minimal - barely a trickle. I asked for an iron and was given something that looked like sandpaper. Needless to say - I couldn't use it. The gentleman attending to the rooms was helpful, however, overall, the accommodations were a disappointment. The view and the location keep this spot on the map.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Maureen W
Hope Mills, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 April 2012

My husband and I are in love with Southport and try to make the trip every spring. We have NEVER been anything but completely satisfied with the Riverside Motel. The room's back porch is just too good to be true, literally right on the mouth of the Cape Fear. Everything is easily within walking distance, and it's so peaceful at night. Clean rooms, never any problems with heat or AC, and the staff is always courteous and friendly. Our only "minus" is the No Pets policy, but we completely understand the need and have no problem with it. So cozy and relaxing...simply a wonderful place to stay while visiting one of the most beautiful towns in southeastern NC.

Room Tip: Corner rooms seem a bit more private and have 2 windows as opposed to just 1.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
9 Thank NathalieD881
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 27 November 2011

I wrote a review under the Lois Jane Inn which is run by the same people but across the street. The motel is water front, quiet, and a perfect place to write. The inn owners let us borrow bikes to take the ferry and there are interesting spots in town. Staff went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and the porch swing at night was a great place to sit. Across the water you can see the lighthouse. Hope to return soon.

Room Tip: Facing the water!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank travelling g
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 November 2011

In town for one night and decided to give Riverview a try. The room was very comfortable and very clean. Could not beat it for the price! Will come back for a Longer stay.

• Stayed November 2011
4 Thank LSH_11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southport
Wingate by Wyndham Southport
Hampton Inn & Suites Carolina Beach Oceanfront
Islander Inn
Islander Inn
#3 of 3 in Ocean Isle Beach

Been to Riverside Motel? Share your experiences!