“Location, Location, Location.”
Review of Riverside Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Southport
Riverside Motel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Southport
State of WA
“Location, Location, Location.”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This motel is a bit rustic looking and if you are looking for a Four Seasons experience, this is not it. But, it is clean, the lady checking us in was most pleasant and helpful with local information, and you are a couple of blocks from the visitor center, restaurants, lovely historic homes, quaint shops. The motel is right on the waterfront. You can sit on the porch in your swing and watch ocean-going vessels, ferries and all sorts of pleasure boats passing by. We were planning on staying one night, liked the area and motel so well we opted for one more night.. There are only 7 or 8 rooms, of which I believe 5 have the porch view, so reservations may be wise.

Room Tip: The two end rooms don't face the water.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Winekatz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Sandy Ridge, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I have stayed in this motel several times with no problems .
October 22, 2013 I checked in too room # 4 , mid afternoon, took river photos then had dinner and went back to my room ..
With out notice or warning as I walked into the bath room ,,, I found my self on the floor with my left arm and head in the tub and my left front side against the tub edge..
.Alter gathering myself I could see the bathroom floor was higher than the bed room floor and my shoe had caught on the taller tile edge,, tripping me .. Tired and upset I lay down and woke at 4 AM

I left early the next morning 6:00 AM with some pain but had to be in Wilmington early .

I hope this problem will be corrected, for I'am in much more pain,, feeling now, I may have a cracked rib .. I would not want anyone else to trip on the uneven floor....

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank sray1947
CINCINNATI
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Sits right on the Cape Fear & there is a nice porch swing & 2 chairs to enjoy the river activity. The room was charming & clean. If we are able to return to Southport we will stay here. We didn't need much from the owners but the people we talked with were very pleasant & helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank RICHARD H
North Caroina
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This motel is older and looks it on the outside but the rooms are clean and have had some updates. Need another mirror in the room. We stayed in #5. Additional fan helped keep room cool and it was quiet. Love the swing off the back porch and the view of the sound is awesome! Wonderful location within walking distance of waterfront restaurants and downtown shopping. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank sweetcarolinenc
Fletcher, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a place to stay to visit both lighthouses. Aside from a B&B this was the next best thing. When we got here, we had to check in across the street at the B&B. Once in the room, we had this bad odor that I thought may have been plumbing problems. After a run to wal-mart, we got some air fresheners and coffee filters. The air conditioner was quite noisy and the gitlfriend thought it sounded like a jet engine everytime. I like it cold so it ran quite a bit. That thing could have been waking me up during the night too. It is a small town so don't expect extravagance. They do a good job of keeping it clean. Many places within walking distance. It wasn't till after picking the place I found out Southport was used in several movies.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank kickinchickin
Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 May 2013

This motel is in such a beautiful location, right on the water, with a little porch attached to each room. The room was very clean, our only complaint was at one point we ran out of toilet paper and could not get ahold of anyone to get more - ended up driving to a 7-11 and purchased some. Overall, however, we loved our stay here and would most likely stay again if ever in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Jennifer S
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 April 2013

This Motel is right on the water, single story, quiet and a comfortable room. The room was very clean, all bedding fresh and the bed was comfortable. If you are looking for something different from big city hotels this is the place. There is a back porch with a wonderful view of the river and a porch swing to relax on. The room and bathroom are small however all of the above makes it worth less space. We plan on staying at Riverside Motel next time we are in Southport.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have a wonderful view of the river. Ours was towards the center and was very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank CINDIFRED
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southport
Wingate by Wyndham Southport
Golden Sands
Golden Sands
#2 of 19 in Carolina Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Carolina Beach Oceanfront

Been to Riverside Motel? Share your experiences!