“Lovely Weekend”
Review of The Brunswick Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Southport
The Brunswick Inn
Ranked #7 of 9 Southport B&B and Inns
Travelers Rest, South Carolina
“Lovely Weekend”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Brunswick Inn for a 3-day trip in October, 2013. We thoroughly enjoyed the Inn and the owners, Judy and Jim Clary. They are funny, engaging, responsive and always have a good story to share. The Inn is beautiful. It was so relaxing to sit on the porch(es) and enjoy the waterfront. I would recommend this Inn.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We were so fortunate to get reservations for two nights at this B&B in early August. We had a wonderful stay--Jim and Judy have everything in tip-top shape and have lots of historical information on the inn and area. Breakfasts were delicious. Linens were very nice (fluffy towels/smooth sheets--I am a little picky). Three porches with rocking chairs offer lots of seating and beautiful views. We stayed in the "Governor's Room." Very nicely appointed with private bath and jacuzzi tub (and fireplace for winter months!) We will absolutely go back as soon as we can!

It is a short walk to waterfront restaurants but don't miss Mr. P's Bistro on the main street. (Also a short walk)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank bstanley123
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Jim & Judy were fantastic hosts! Their impeccable attention to detail when it comes to hospitality went without notice! We would have never found this gem without watching the movie "Safe Haven" and wanting to visit Southport, NC...Thank you for a wonderful experience and your AMAZING breakfast each morning!
Terri & Jaimi from Toledo, OH

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Tarp3575
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Emailed Judy the owner/ Inn keeper to ask about reservations After seeing the movie Safe Haven filmed in this beautiful town. She stated in a return email she hoped the movie didn't bring a lot of people to their town. Ha Ha! Ok that seems a bit odd. I then gave her a few dates and she said two night stay for weekends. Not everywhere has the same weekend nights stay. Sunday and Friday are not always considered weekends. I emailed back with a specific date to ask if it were a one night. I didn't hear back. So sent another email and she was very sarcastic and said she had been in this business for 16 years and if I didn't understand what she was saying I should stay somewhere else. I will be staying somewhere else! If Judy was this rude in making reservations I would feel as though she would snap my head off when staying in the Inn. PS Judy you told me you had 16 years in this business. I just read another complaint about your rudeness and you explained in May of 2011 you had been in business for 13 years then.Seems as though I'm not the only one that thinks your rude!

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
16 Thank UsHappytraveler
Matthews, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 July 2012

My wife and I had a few nights planned at Bald Head to celebrate our 10 year and we decided to take a few additional nights and drive up to Southport. After a few stressful hours of thinking we were going to have to stay at a hotel we pulled up to the Brunswick Inn. My wife stated "I feel lucky" as we were knocking on the door and she couldnt have been more right. Jim and Judy were absolutely perfect and made our stay just lovely. Kudos to Judy on the wonderful breakfast and both Jim and Judy for the perfect blend of decor and comfort. We loved our stay and we would love to visit again sometime.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WillAndKathy
Mooresville, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 July 2011

This was our first trip to Southport. We loved the area and especially The Brunswick Inn. The room was nice, everything was immaculate, the views were great and it is convenient to everything. -Wendy and Jay

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lakenormanhomes
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 23 December 2010

Thank you Jim and Judy for a wonderful visit! I enjoyed staying at your lovely home. I had traveled to America from Germany and found this B&B. I was very pleased at the location and service. I felt like I was at home. The breakfast was delicious and Judy was very accommodating to my special needs. I found my room to be quite large and very clean. The home is peaceful and quiet. I enjoyed coffee on the porch while watching the boats on the water. Jim was helpful with directions and knowlege of the area. I would recommend this beautiful place to my family. Great place to unwind and get away! I will be back to Southport in July and will book my next stay early.

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank Haymodad
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southport
Hampton Inn Southport
Golden Sands
#2 of 19 in Carolina Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Carolina Beach Oceanfront
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Southport - Oak Island Area

Been to The Brunswick Inn? Share your experiences!