“Perfect for a "Fancy Dinner"”
Review of Mr. P's Bistro

Mr. P's Bistro
Ranked #1 of 86 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A longtime Southport institution, one of the top dining spots in town. Low Country-leaning menu. Good wine list
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We were celebrating my husband's birthday. Called the day of and got a reservation for 5pm. Ordered a White Russian and a LIT. Both were very good. I ordered the surf and turf. It was a crab stuffed lobster tail and filet medallions. OMG to die for. Seriously one of the best meals I have had ever. I forget what hubby had, I was too focused on my meal.
I was impressed with the selection of side dishes as well. Lots of options including andouille sausage lima beans, roasted red potatoes, fries, veggies, stone grits, etc.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Best place to eat in Southport. Crab cakes are very good. $2 Yuengling drafts!!!! Surf n turf was excellent. Lobster was yummy. Great service.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My family ages 21 to 81 enjoyed this restaurant. Soft shell crabs were tasty, and my dad was thrilled to see Oysters Rockafeller on the menu. Fish (black drum, freshly caught) was cooked perfectly. Attentive, knowledgable service. Nice change of pace from the standard eastern NC seafood restaurant with its bland fried seafood.

1  Thank tikithedog
Reviewed 25 May 2014

1. Our table was literally bused while I was the last one eating. The only thing on the table was my plate... party of 4.

2. My sister's meal, which ironically was the most expensive of our average $40 a plate meal, was horrible. Do not order the mahi mahi special with crab meat and hollandaise sauce. It taste nasty. The only two foods I recommend are the seared tuna and the prime rib. I've been there quite a few times... because my mom drags me there... and everything else is awful.

3. Now this might not bother some people but for me this was the reason I will never return and rate it as ZERO: The waiter gave the check to my step-father and said, "Here you go sir." Guess what, my sister was the one buying. I and my sister both are engineers and are 10 times more educated than my step-father. I found this insulting and excusable.

4. Very crowded and a baby was crying the entire time.

5  Thank Anadiner
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We had our first dinner as an engaged couple here, and there's only one way to describe it: perfection. Excellent food, great service, awesome drinks, and perfect location in beautiful downtown Southport. We'll be back soon!