“Very nice restaurant, food was perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mr. P's Bistro

Mr. P's Bistro
Ranked #2 of 81 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A longtime Southport institution, one of the top dining spots in town. Low Country-leaning menu. Good wine list
Southport, North Carolina
“Very nice restaurant, food was perfect!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We really enjoyed our dinner at Mr. P's - do make reservations, because they are only open for dinner and it fills up quickly. the food and service were perfect, and we definitely plan to return!

• Visited July 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
“Favorite in Southport!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Everytime I go to Southport, I always go to Mr. P's. The food is really delicious, Southern seafood (but they have more than just seafood). The fried green tomatoes are the best, when they're on the menu. They always have good specials, and you can find something for everyone. They have really good Bloody Mary's too, topped off with an Old Bay rim and a shrimp!

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Jessica B
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Tuna App outstanding!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The food and staff are alway great! You can order a full meal or a hambuger or sandwich. Their tuna app with capers is wonderful. I have been to one of their wine dinners and would recommend it! The food and wine pairring was excellent!

Visited July 2014
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Good food, but”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We visited 7/11/14 and had a very mixed experience. First we were ignored for drink orders - the table that came in 10 minutes later had their drink orders taken first. My wife finally got the hostess to find our waitress. Drink orders were finally taken (another 5 minutes) and then served (another 5 minutes). Food was ordered and delivered. We both ordered oysters - they were delivered with no condiments. Our waitress promised to deliver both cocktail and tartar sauce, as well as extra butter. After another 10 minutes (did I mention that our food was getting cold) I went into the kitchen and raised quite a ruckus, taking the tartar sauce out with me. Started eating. After two bites I realized that although I had ordered the oyster burger I was eating shrimp. No waitress to be seen so once again I found the hostess who remedied the problem and brought me hot oysters. Very good; much better than my wife's cold oysters. The manager got involved, was very apologetic and helpful. In the end we were given our meals at no charge. (The extra butter never arrived, but by then our waitress had done a vanishing act {I would have too}.)

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Mike S
Naples, Florida
“Food good, service not so much”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The restaurant was full and we'd had a reservation. Our server was also assigned to a large party in another room. It took a bit of time for water, a long time for drinks, and forever for dinner. They need more servers. The food was good.

Visited June 2014