“A Jewel on Howe”

Ranked #1 of 82 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A longtime Southport institution, one of the top dining spots in town. Low Country-leaning menu. Good wine list
Wilmington, North Carolina
“A Jewel on Howe”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Delightful in every way! Attentive, professional service, delicious food- the only problem is deciding what to order! Make a reservation during season- it fills up fast.

1 Thank Diane W

Birmingham, Alabama
“One of the Best”
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Southport does not lack for good places to eat. Mr. P's is one of the best. We went on a Monday evening about 6:45 pm. By 7:00 the place was almost full. I strongly recommend reservations. Our server seemed a bit distracted during the evening. It took her a while to ask for our drink order and she appeared to be overwhelmed after that. The food was delicious. I had the mixed seafood platter and my husband had the yellow fin tuna. Both were served with fresh corn. We split a piece of key lime pie for dessert. It was good but not outstanding. We would definitely return.

Visited August 2014
Conover, North Carolina
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

A great little restaurant in downtown Southport NC. Located on Howe Street. Best to make reservations as it is always busy and not that big. The grilled Filet Mignon was tender and had great flavor! The Grouper was also excellent! Save room for dessert as it is all homemade. We love the Pecan Pie.

Visited September 2013
Southport, North Carolina
“Mr. P's never disappoints.”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I've been going to Mr. P's for the past 12 years, since before I moved to the Southport area. It remains one of my favorite restaurants in this area. The quality of the food is consistently high and the service can't be beat. Chris, the manager, is friendly, accommodating, and always "around" to see that guests are happy. Their Shrimp and Grits, Oyster Sampler, Fried Green Tomatoes, and Underground Tuna are my favorite dishes. Although they have a fairly large menu, I keep returning to these favorites because they are so good. If you want great low-country food in a comfortable atmosphere, Mr. P's is for you.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Margie B
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, United States
“Nice, Good Food and Service”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This restaurant was recommended by locals and was deemed the best food served in town. We were not disappointed. Food was promptly served and the service was good. Our initial drinks were a little delayed in getting to us but that was not that big of a deal.

The menu offered many items and they were willing to substitute items, cooking methods or sauces which we do not see that often. I asked them to add chicken to my Fried Goat Cheese salad and they gladly accommodated my request. I will definitely recommend this restaurant!

• Visited August 2014