“A Hidden Jewel In South Port”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bella Cucina

Bella Cucina
Ranked #35 of 81 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Kids, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Apex, North Carolina
“A Hidden Jewel In South Port”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Why on earth is this restaurant rated #33 out of 56 restaurants in South Port? This is my first time reviewing but not my first time eating at Bella Cucina. It's just consistently good eats.

Don't be fooled by the bar and pizza joint that fronts this restaurant. Behind a large curtain is the entrance to a lovely dining experience.

This family owned restaurant is well run and the food outstanding. We are always seated promptly and the staff are friendly and attentive.

On this recent trip, we ordered veal parmesan, chicken parmesan and shrimp fettuccine alfredo. Hubby reports his veal was a little tough but the marinara sauce delicious. The salad was fresh, and the bread consisted of a multigrained loaf with accompanying spiced olive oil. Son loved his chicken parmesan and both men scrapped their plates for the last drops of the marinara sauce. My shrimp fettuccine was tender and flavorful. On previous excursions to this restaurant we have had manicotti and lasagna which are both quite good.

The decor is pleasant and slightly upscale. One detail I happen to like is the playing of Italian music in the background. It could be Mario Lanza singing opera or Frank Sinatra. crooning. It sets the Italian meal mood.

Not overly priced. This is the place we go when we want good Italian food during our vacations.

Orlando, Florida
“A Great Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

I ate here twice during a recent visit to Southport. and was knocked out by the wonderful taste of the lasagna and the friend ravioli bruschetta. If your Mom's name was Gina and your Dad was Pasquale, they would love this place! A truly authentic flavored sauce made the lasagna so good. When cut from the serving dish, which came out straight from the oven, the lasagna stood still and did not run a bit. Just the right blend of pecorino cheese, beef and delicious sausage and sauce. Fried stuffed ravioli was cooked perfectly and topped with a zesty bruschetta mixture. The pan seared scallops were to die for - cooked just right, tender and tasty. Italian bread pudding for dessert is a must! It is a sinful taste explosion. Service was great. Valerie did a magnificent job. So - bottom line is, if you're tired of all the great local fresh fish, go her - or go here instead of getting fish somewhere else.

Southport, North Carolina
“Amazing Sicilian Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Being from the north I have high (sometimes to high for the south) expectations on pizza. On top of that it is almost impossible to come across a place that makes Sicilian pizza. Bella's is amazing. The dough is thick and fluffy but the bottom of the pizza still has hat golden cripsy bite you should expect. Great sauce good cheese although I think I will pay extra next time to get there home made mozzarella. I asked the secret and the cute boy running the register said their head pizza maker is from New York. That explains it of course. I wish there pizza side had a little nicer atmosphere but I would eat their pizza on the curb out front if I had too. Just make sure you go when the blonde guy is making the pies. I went when another guy was there. He must still be learning, nowhere near the same skill set of my new favorite pizza maker. Thanks Bella Cucina for finally showing the south what pizza should be.

1 Thank thebabeekin
Reston, Virginia
“Much better than expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

Given the spotty reviews I read about Bella Cucina, my wife and I were prepared for mediocrity. We were delighted to be wrong! I had lasagna, my wife had the "cravings" portion of Linguine Alfreda. Both were excellent. We also had the fried ravioli appetizer, which was fantastic. The server was attentive and friendly, the ambiance was pleasant. The prices were a little on the high side, but we both felt the meals were worth it. We intend to return.

Visited August 2013
High Point, NC
“Good stromboli”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

I was staying at the Hampton Inn next door, so I walked over and ate at the bar. I ordered the Stromboli, and it was good-could have been a bit hotter, but fine. There is a less-formal area attached to get pizza slices and other things in a more casual atmosphere.

Visited June 2013