“Excellent Food!”

Baked With Love
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Our friends recommended we lunch at Baked With Love on N. Howe Street after a lovely walk around picturesque Southport. What a nice recommendation! Among us, we enjoyed soup, salad, and sandwiches. A house-made pretzel was served with the soup--amazing (better than most pretzels in Germany)! Baked With Love is a quaint (but plain) cafe that serves an excellent lunch. Enjoy!

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Great brunch and lunch options.
This should be on your must eat here list!
Lisa always does it right! Great to see Southport supporting Baked with Love

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I was extremely looking forward to eating here. I had seen so many great reviews and pictures. My husband and I stopped for lunch on Thursday. The place was extremely busy and the waitress that we had seemed lost. The food wasn't impressive either. I had a ceasar salad and there wasn't enough dressing. My husband had corned beef and he wasn't impressed either. Disappointed.

1  Thank Leanne M
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Great lunches. Hard to choose from one of their specials. You will want them all a gem in Southport.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

This was our Plan C today. (Plan A had a medical emergency and was closed for lunch, and we forgot to check the hours for Plan B.)
Baked with Love was close and we were starving! Seated immediately by friendly hostess, greeted immediately by a server and told the specials. She got our drinks while we looked at the menu: fresh salads and sandwiches and several soups, plus a few wines and beers. She told us sandwiches aren't sized to share, so we both ordered the soup/sand combo. My lobster bisque with turkey bacon sandwich was yummy--some spicy jam on the herb bread made a standard item interesting. My date had a hot corned beef and the soup du jour, loaded baked potato. He liked both. I tasted his soup--herby, bacony deliciousness, not the nasty thick stuff you get some places.
Service was great, lunch was yummy and the bill was $25. (I had wine)
As others have mentioned, the rosy pink walls are obnoxious. BUT the quirky S&P sets and handle-less cups as sugar bowls won me over...will definitely recommend to others!

1  Thank BekSybil