“09/06/2013 server Jackie”

Atlantic Seafood & Steaks Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 81 Restaurants in Southport
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Family Restaurant featuring Fried & Broiled Seafood, Stuffed Shrimp & Flounder, Certified Angus Beef Steaks, Soup & Salads, Shrimp & Grits, Pasta Dishes, Oysters, Lobster Tail, & Crab Legs
Southport, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“09/06/2013 server Jackie”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Just had an outstanding lunch. The service could not have been any better and the food was hot and very tasty. The Waite time for what we ordered was not bad. I recommend this to any local or tourist who is looking for fast seating and great food and service.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jim B

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Didn't like it AT ALL.”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

The desk clerk at our hotel recommended this place and said that it was very good. I'm assuming that our food wasn't that great because we went a bit late, but that's still no excuse. Our hush puppies tasted good, but also tasted like they were sitting out for a while. Slightly warm. I ordered shrimp alfredo which was tasteless. Very watery. My husband said that his grits tasted good, but his shrimp was rubbery. My son's french fries tasted weird. It had an odd taste as if they were fried in old grease or something. I only liked my house salad. The ranch dressing tasted homemade and not from a bottle. That was very nice. Our waiter was good at first, but then we had to find him. The place wasn't crowded, so we didn't know where he went. I was hoping to like this place, but didn't at all.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Athena G
Greensboro, North Carolina
“good food horrible service”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Unfortunately, the poor service outweighed the awesome food. I tipped my waitress well because she was doing the best she could. I overheard another employee comment that they'd sent people home early because it had been slow. We got there at 7:30pm...on August 6th...and it's a summer vacation spot. DON'T send people home!! All I got was excuses from "management" even after I explained that I had to get up and find our own drinks and I shared our hushpuppies with another table who didn't get any and had been seated before us. We repeatedly had to ask for drinks from whoever walked by only to be ignored. I was making the best of it because after the appetizer FINALLY came, they were so good that I couldn't wait for the meal. It was after the apathetic attitude of the "management" that I got upset. Plan on visiting Oak Island again, but will never eat here!!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Irek R
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Surprisingly delicious!”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We were still looking for that traditional "calabash style" seafood on the island when we decided to give Atlantic seafood a try. We were surprisingly pleased. Building looks like an old "Western Sizzlin'" restaurant, so we weren't sure. Only reason I didn't score it a 5 was for scenery and interior design (but very clean). If this place was waterfront, it would be off the charts!!
I ordered the calabash fried shrimp and flouder and it was delicious!! (see my photo) 2 large pieces of flounder (melt in your mouth good) and enough shrimp for 2 people!! (I didn't bother with the fries that were buried underneath). The coleslaw was fantastic (personal choice) - the closest thing I have ever had to my mom's homemade!!! LOVED it!! My father ordered the "senior" shrimp and flounder and it was also enough for 2 people. Other order was fried scallops - sweet, fresh and right off the boat!
Be careful of the hushpuppies, we loved them and couldn't stop eating them! Service was great (Jackie) We highly recommend this place!

• Visited July 2013
Willow Spring, North Carolina
“Consistently Good!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Love the shrimp and grits! They are a little spicy (which they should be). Some of the best around (IMHO). It comes with a salad and I have to say they have some fresh good salads, too!

Our family goes to Atlantic just about every time we are in SP. Everyone gets something different and loves it.

You get a lot of food for the money and they are consistently good, that is why we keep going back!

• Visited July 2013