“good food with our friends”

Dead End Saloon and Fish Factory
Ranked #23 of 86 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 16 April 2014

met our friends there for lunch-i had the blackened chicken quesidilla and red oak on tap both were great-sherry our server was fun and fast-will be back often

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Have visited several times, usually when visiting friends anchored there, I can state that the food is decent, though somewhat overpriced, with a limited menu. The service, well, it depends who you catch on duty. It's been nice and efficient and fast and it's been surly with demeanor boarding on "attitude" and long waits. But if you're visiting in the area, it's just about the only game in town. Enjoy it for what it is.

2  Thank Sabre460
Reviewed 8 February 2014

A friend and myself made plans to enjoy a lunch with one another and catch up before the holiday maddness. I picked Dead In Saloon. We were seated as soon as we entered the door. Two people on the porch and two at the bar. After ten minutes, the waitstaff showed up with attitude. We placed our order and waited another fifteen minutes to get our unsweet tea which was sweet, attitude when we asked for unsweet tea.....with extra lemons. Well excuse me, I apparently asked for something that was in demand and they could only spare one slice of lemon. I ordered steak and it was tough as pig iron. I mentioned it to our waitstaff and the attitude was so what! Well so what, I won't ever go back as a local nor would I ever suggest anyone I know go there for an overpriced meal with horrible waitstaff. I give the restaurant a big F.

11  Thank racingdcc54
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Two Sundays in a row went there for a 'wing special' that was very confusing according to the menu. Both times we were corrected unpleasantly by the manager. I don't know why I gave them a second chance. Stay away.

7  Thank Robin C
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Was there for the first time and we started with the clams that were in a garlic wine sauce. Fresh and delicious! My husband enjoyed his Surf n Turf special and my crab cakes were the best I have ever had. The best was they were gluten free and not fried, and full of crab meat! The view of the sunset was beautiful. Could not ask for better service and we were even asked by the manager how everything was. She made us feel very welcome.

1  Thank Lane284