“Too Noisy to Think Not to Mention Sleep”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Southport
Leesburg
“Too Noisy to Think Not to Mention Sleep”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Hotel was clean & the clerk friendly upon arrival. The room was clean. We heard odd scrapping and banging noises all night from another room. We spoke to the day time weekend clerk about the issue. She was not very receptive of our issue. But she did agree to go to our room to listen for the noises while we were out. The staff did not follow up with us later concerning the noises. That night we had to listen to the same noises again. The breakfast bar was good.

Bottom line.....there are better hotels in the area. Go to them.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
While it is never easy to hear that a guest has had a bad experience, we value such feedback as we strive to ensure a positive experience for future guests. Please accept our apologies for the noise that disturbed your stay and that our staff did not adequately convey our concern for the situation. Our manager and room attendant visited the room on multiple occasions in an attempt to identify the noise you described. While we have been unable to identify the noise you heard, we are monitoring the room to ensure that it does not return to disturb another guest. We hope that other aspects of your stay were enjoyable and we hope that you will stay with us again soon so that we may have the opportunity to replace this experience with a positive one.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Trinity, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Had all the comforts of home - clean bed with lots of pillows, refrig, microwave, TV with remote, clock radio, hair dryer, iron, ironing board, coffee bags with small coffee maker (did not work, but not a problem with us). Our only problem with the room itself was a drip, drip, drip on our window sill from what we assume was an air conditioner above us (we were on 2nd floor) This was really a bother during the night....like a leaky faucet !! We enjoyed the breakfast which included eggs, sausage, biscuits, fruit, cereals, sweet rolls, coffee and juice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Judie C
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers here on TripAdvisor. We were thrilled to read your comment that our hotel offers "all the comforts of home". It is our goal to treat all of our guests just as we would a guest in our own home and your comments are the seal of approval on our efforts.
We are glad that you were able to join us for our complimentary breakfast buffet. Thank you for commenting on the wide variety of hot and cold foods, coffee, tea and juice that we offer. It is important to us to start our guests' day off great!
Please accept our sincere apology for the drip outside your window that disturbed your rest. We appreciate you letting us know so that our maintenance team could correct the problem right away. We are sorry for the inconvenience you experienced as a result.
We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time your travels bring you to our area.
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Jackie was the bomb. She was the best staff I've ever encountered. Told me of all the local sites for awesome food went out of her way to accommodate our requests. Jackie is a huge asset to this hotel. Every other staff member had attitude. ,

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank fastpitchmom_lelo
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for staying at the Comfort Suites Southport. We really appreciate your comments about our team member's friendliness and helpfulness. We look forward to your next visit to Southport.
Athens, Ohio
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I paid $110 (plus $20 for my dog, so $130 altogether) for a night at this hotel, which was very reasonable given the competition average around $200. This hotel is also pet friendly, and I had not problem bringing my dog along with me.

The hotel is in great condition. The lobby was clean and well appointed, as was my room. They offer free Wi-Fi and a free continental breakfast. The room was very large. I had a double queen room, which also had a sofa/sitting area. It was great. Plenty of room to spread out.

I did not use the Wi-Fi, but I did eat at the breakfast. They offer eggs, biscuits and gravy, waffle makers, juices, cereals, milk, coffees, bagels, danishes, and some fruit and yogurt. It was a nice spread and was also very clean and stocked.

The hotel is in a pretty good location. It took only about 7 minutes to drive to the beach.

The staff was friendly and helpful, even when I checked in at 1AM. I would definitely stay here again either on business or with family or friends.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Beta7
Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to share your recent experience with other travelers. A great review from a TripAdvisor Senior Contributor like yourself means the world to us! We truly appreciate your comments on our spacious, clean rooms, convenient location (just minutes to the beach!) and friendly, helpful staff.
It is a pleasure to be a pet-friendly hotel and we are glad you enjoyed having your dog with you during your stay. We know how important it is to find quality lodging while traveling with pets. After all, pets are part of the family!
We are glad you were able to join us for our complimentary breakfast buffet. It is a guest favorite, offering everything from make-your-own waffles to fresh fruit, eggs, sausage, yogurt, cereal and more.
We are grateful for your recommendation to other travelers and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in our area.
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Just left this wonderful "pet friendly" hotel...all new carpet throughout the entire hotel, clean and well stocked breakfast buffet, friendly and helpful staff. I am a bit of a clean freak and everything here was well maintained. Our puppy even received his own "welcome" bag of goodies along with some basic rules to follow for good measure...Listen, this hotel has changed! I'd definitely return. And we prob will, because we're looking for a new home in that area. Thank you for a great visit!

Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Sunshine3333333
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you so much for this lovely 5-star review of your recent stay at the Comfort Suites in Southport. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay from the well-stocked breakfast to the helpful staff to the cleanliness of the hotel and guest rooms. We have high standards for cleanliness and to receive compliments from a self-described "clean freak" is especially heartwarming.

We are glad to hear that your puppy also enjoyed his stay. It is a pleasure to be a pet-friendly hotel; we know how important it is to find quality lodging when traveling with pets. After all, pets are part of the family!

It is nice to hear that we have won your loyalty and we look forward to welcoming you back whenever you are in the area.
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We moved to South Carolina 3 years ago and have always wanted to visit South Port, North Carolina. Last week, we finally made the 2 hour trip. I was happy to find a pet friendly hotel close to the downtown area. We were ahead of schedule, so I called the hotel and talked with Jackie. I asked if we could possibly get an early check in, which I know is not a guarantee. Jackie asked me to call back after 12pm and she would have a better idea on the status of a room. We decided to just drive to the hotel and if a room was not available, we would drive to the downtown area and take a walk. Upon arrival, Jackie had a room available for us to check in to. Her computer was giving her grief, which we can all appreciate. While her computer was restarting, she told me all about the area; the shops, dining options, etc.. She let me know about the breakfast and had me sign all of my paperwork. The best part was when she gave me a gift bag for my dog.. Us dog people love it when hotels welcome our pets and this hotel was very pet friendly. The dog rooms are on the first floor, which makes sense and they have a reserved area outside for your pet. Our room was clean and very comfortable. We tend to eat breakfast at a restaurant, but we are huge coffee drinkers. The coffee was actually pretty good for a hotel blend. Our 13 year old had to sample the breakfast early on Sunday morning, so we took him down to the breakfast area so that we could get more coffee. The breakfast attendant was talking with guests and assisting them with clearing their tables and was telling everyone to have a good day as they left the area. The housekeepers that we would see in the hallways all greeted us and as we were leaving, they thanked us for staying with them.. This one night getaway to small town was just what we needed and we were lucky to find a room at this hotel. I've told my co-workers about Southport and the Comfort Suites. Thank you all for the much needed R & R....

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank JLR156
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
On behalf of the entire Comfort Suites Southport team, thank you for trusting us for your overnight accommodations during your recent trip to our area. It was our pleasure to have you as our guests and we are thrilled to hear that you were pleased with your stay. We enjoy being a pet-friendly hotel. We know how difficult it can be to find quality lodging when traveling with pets and it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from pet parents.
Thank you for being our guest and for your comments on our friendly, knowledgeable staff, complimentary breakfast buffet and clean comfortable rooms. We hope we have won your loyalty!
Carolina Girl
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Ugggh and Ewww!!! After a full day of work and coming in, all I wanted to do was pump the AC and relax. When looking in the unit, I noticed a bunch of black stuff-maybe mold??? Went to front desk, spoke with attendant who was very nice and she gave me another room. I go to check room before I move and covers are thrown all over the floor. (housekeeping where are you?) Go back to the front desk, attendant apologizes again and gives me another room. After checking this room, all looked fine until I got ready to take shower. B/c handicapped room, it was handheld. OMG!!! The gunk around the shower head was ridiculous (look at picture). Back to front desk, now after 11pm, and I tell attendant, You come with me to the next room so we can look together. Next room, she enters first and exclaims, It smells like a man in here. What??? It did smell like a man with overpowering cologne had just exited the room. Onward to the next room and finally, vents are clear, bed is made and shower head was fairly clean, but wasn't draining properly. Maintenance came and fixed it. So after all this, I didn't get to sleep until well after 12 AM and had to get up next morning for work. I should've known when I walked in the lobby and floor was dirty and elevator hadn't been vacuumed. On one side of hotel was a rundown lot and on the other was parking so no view. I did let manager know the next day about the incident and all she did was apologized.

Room Tip: Don't stay