“What a great time!”

Silver Coast Winery Tasting Room
Ranked #8 of 42 things to do in Southport
More attraction details
Owner description: In the heart of downtown Southport, NC come taste international award-winning wines made by Silver Coast Winery. In addition to our wines, we feature 6 craft beers on tap. The taps change frequently, so come often. After a day of antiquing come enjoy a wine or beer tasting or a glass of wine or pint while you browse our gift shop. The wine labels and art gallery feature works by local artists. Special events include wine and chocolate and wine and cheese pairings. The art gallery is a great setting for a bridal shower, private wine tasting and other events. Hours are Monday through Saturday from 11am to 8pm and Sunday from noon to 5pm. Wine tastings daily. Host a birthday party, bridal shower, anniversary party or other private event in our art gallery and tasting room.
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“What a great time!”
Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

David definitely showed us a great time! Great wine, and a wonderful flight of beer. Great Black and Tan! Great job David!! Met some entertaining new friends! Meg and Rob!! Had a great time.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Dave W

Wilmington, North Carolina
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Don't waste your time or your money”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Maybe my friend, visiting from VA, and I went on a bad day, but the guy running the place was completely overwhelmed. He quickly poured our wine tasting selections. Did not provide any information about the wines. Once or twice asked "how was it". I don't necessary think it was his fault that he was distraction; he was ringing people up at the cash register, pouring wine, checking people out who had made purchases, etc. It was extremely busy in there, so maybe they need to hire more help???

One thing that very much concerned me, other than the lack of experiencing a real wine tasting, was that passed around chocolate chunks from an opened Hershey's bar that was in the fridge. When he went to put the chocolate bar back in the fridge, it...an OPENED chocolate bar...fell to the floor, he picked it up and put it back in the fridge door.

Slightly less concerning was the Pawn Shop feel I felt as soon as I saw the place of business.

My overall feeling...Very disappointed. I don't see how this wine tasting room stays in business.

I DO recommend the actual Silver Coast Winery in Ocean Isle. I believe the actual owners run it and IT is WORTH the stop.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank brunettesweetness82
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Went in out of curiosity to do a tasting. Absolutely blown away by the experience and quality of wine.

The tasting was through, informative, inviting, and fun! I was with my girlfriend and we both had a great time.

Absolutely would recommend going in for a tasting. The wine is awesome.

1 Thank Dabossball
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Perfect Sunday in Southport”
Reviewed 2 December 2012

My fiancé and I stumbled upon this Wine Store/Art Gallery while walking around. David was opening for business and couldn't have been more inviting and sincere. We sat down for a wine tasting and were blown away with not only the quality of the wine, but Davids knowledge and personality. Before we knew it locals and other frequent visitors showed up and we all "strangers" had a blast.

The pairings and choices along with a beer tasting are untouched in comparison with other tasting we have done. We left with wine and other art that is also for sale and will defiantly be back! I think we have found the perfect Sunday drive destination!

Thanks for a great time!

Visited December 2012
3 Thank EddieMac83
Calabash, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Dedicated wine makers, friendly. Great wine choices”
Reviewed 4 October 2012

They have a great tasting room, with many choices of their wines. I especially enjoyed them giving the glass I used to me as a souvenir of my visit. Wines are reasonably priced and well made. GO THERE, you will be glad you did!

Visited October 2012