“Great tasting ”

Silver Coast Winery Tasting Room
Ranked #9 of 43 things to do in Southport
More attraction details
Owner description: In the heart of downtown Southport, NC come taste international award-winning wines made by Silver Coast Winery. In addition to our wines, we feature 6 craft beers on tap. The taps change frequently, so come often. After a day of antiquing come enjoy a wine or beer tasting or a glass of wine or pint while you browse our gift shop. The wine labels and art gallery feature works by local artists. Special events include wine and chocolate and wine and cheese pairings. The art gallery is a great setting for a bridal shower, private wine tasting and other events. Hours are Monday through Saturday from 11am to 8pm and Sunday from noon to 5pm. Wine tastings daily. Host a birthday party, bridal shower, anniversary party or other private event in our art gallery and tasting room.
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Been to a lot of wine tastings but these folks are very customer service oriented. They listed. To customer likes and try to taylor tasting to customer taste. No pressure to buy bottles of wine. Very customer service oriented. Will definitely go back!

1  Thank anghedge
"great afternoon"
"local art"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We had a great time at the New Years Day wine and food pairing. Great food, great wine, great friends.

1  Thank sv6444
traveler0418, Director of Sales at Silver Coast Winery Tasting Room, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Hi Sv6444,

I am so glad you had a good time at our New Years Day pairing! We had a great time too! We are doing a Wine and Chocolate Pairing in February - we would love to see you there!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I've visited Silver Coast Winery twice now, late March 2013 and early November 2013. Both times I did the wine tasting and both times it was an enjoyable experience. They make it not only fun, but educational. Walked away with a case of wine both times. They also have beer tasting with a long list of beers from many craft brewers. Plan on spending some time here and enjoy the experience along with the art. During the wine tasting you'll quickly become friends with others enjoying the experience. Picked up a great beach scene painting on my first visit. Maybe on my next visit I'll go to the winery on Ocean Isle Beach. Take some time and stroll through downtown Southport as there are many unique shops worth visiting.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I stopped at the Silver Coast Winery in Southport to buy a cork screw. They sell the best cork screws and I have bought them as gifts for friends in the past as well as having one on by boat, in my Long Island Home and now I wanted one for my Oak Island Home.

My uncle and I were invited for a tasting. The bar appeared to be full but we were ushered to the other side where we found 3 additional seats waiting. I inquired as to how their tastings work. $10 per person and you get to sample every wine they make as well as take your wine glass home. That seemed like quite the bargain as well as a fun way to spend a part of my day. Beau was our Sommelier and teacher for the afternoon. I always considered myself a bit of a wine expert but it turns out I am not. Beau taught us to look at the wine, smell the wine, taste the wine and thoroughly enjoy the wine. We spent a couple of hours and were offered a lovely cheese plate to compliment our wine tasting. I believe that we tasted a total of 9 wines that afternoon. I look forward to returning with friends for another tasting. Next time I will spend $15 per person and take part in the pairing of the wines with various foods. A most enjoyable afternoon. Don't forget to pick up one of their signature cork screws while you are there!