“Nice place if you dont have problems”

St. James Plantation
More attraction details
Owner description: Home of three award-winning golf courses designed by Pete Dye, Hale Irwin and Tim Cate: The Gauntlet, The Members Club and The Players Club.
Leland, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Nice place if you dont have problems”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Yes my husband and i were excited to build here, he died suddenly before we could begin to build and i was left to deal will developers, no money was returned but worse after many , many tries even lawyers , i have not even had a response of why the money was retained. I do not reccomend this place and if you do build hope that nothing goes wrong. The clubs are just as bad , no money was returned to me but they were quick to revoke all priviledges , had to threaten to get any refund, very sad . Very Insenistive the developers and management are, GOOD LUCK moving here!

Visited March 2014
49 Thank Janine H

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Enjoyable.”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We had time after a wedding to enjoy the shops and places in Southport, NC. Nice spot for photography.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank map p
Clayton, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Response to Kirt C”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I'd like to respond to Kirt C's review from January 2014. He was apparently put out because Security did their job. He showed up unannounced and had difficulty getting in-GOOD! That's what Security is there for. Thanks to the Security Staff for doing their job, as always. We purchased property in St James a couple of years ago and are planning on moving down there full-time as soon as possible. How can you call the entire area "stuck up and snooty"? There are thousands of people in St. James-very short-sighted to say the least to lump everyone in. Sounds like a local stereotyping everyone from the north, which is just as bad as northerners stereotyping everyone from the south. We have spent countless days at St. James and have only met one person who was not ecstatic about living there (and she was nice enough-just bought at the height of the market so she was a bit disgruntled). It just amazes me when someone is short-sighted enough to lump everyone in based on one or two impressions, unless of course Kirt has met everyone in St. James. I wonder if Kirt is aware that these "stuck up, snooty" people recently dontated $85,000.00 to an employee of St. James (not a resident) who was diagnosed with a life threatenign disease. They then donated Super Bowl tickets (one anonymous "snooty" donor) and the rest of the stuck-up people donated $15,000.00 in TWO DAYS to cover his and his wife's travel expenses. They had a traffic jam of people lined up to donate. Apparently Kirt has not met any of these folks. If he has had some bad dealings with a few people, that stinks. But we have all met and dealt with folks like that-no place is perfect. I can honestly tell you I have NEVER dealt with a nicer overall group of people in any neighborhood I have lived in. Nor have I ever visited an area that is more to my liking. Of course it's not for everyone, depends on what you are looking for. But do yourself a favor, don't cross it off the list based on one person's views. We looked for over a year and bought the second time we visited and it has been easily one of the best decisions we have made. Kirt C-I would like to have a beer with you sometime-am sure I can change your view of the area. I am a middle-class, blue collar guy who has worked hard for my "piece of the pie". I am sure I could convince you that there is more to St. James than what you have experienced.

Visited March 2014
34 Thank Marc700
Southport, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Stuck Up Snooty, Very weird place to go. Avoid.”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

trying to get into this place is like trying to see the White House un-announced. they just look you down with there noses up in the air. Yes we got in but they look at your vehicle and at you. it's like being put on a platform to view before entry. Nice place the ground's and Etc. But the people is what need's a change. I could understand if it were the Hampton's but they have home's in there under $300.000 wow.?????? The NC Hampton's RIGHT???

Visited January 2014
24 Thank Kirt C
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Beautiful huge facility”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Four golf courses of which the Founders Club is drop dead gorgeous and fun. Well maintain and very secure. Nice marina and Tiki Bar

Visited January 2014