“Best Soft Serve, inconsistent service”
Review of SPikes Dairy Bar

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
SPikes Dairy Bar
Ranked #3 of 6 Dessert in Southport
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We frequent the Southport area and any visit requires a few trips to Spikes- he has the best soft serve ice cream I've ever had- it's rich and creamy. I love it when there's a featured flavor (last summer there was pistachio that was amazing). Our go to is the vanilla with the butter pecan swirl. The last few trips the service was inconsistent... we'd order a large cone and it would be the same size as a regular - same with the sundaes, and in several attempts the orders were coming out wrong. Hopefully it was just training some new staff. We did not have the issues when it was the owner who was working.
The hot dogs are also good and a great quick lunch when shopping around Southport.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

I've tried the majority of ice cream shops on my vacation here in Southport...so far Spikes is my favorite. Ginormous portions, reasonably priced, and homemade unique flavors. Yum :)

Reviewed 25 July 2013

It's popular, so many don't mind the prices, but for my money, I go to the place across from the provision company for real ice cream.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Had lunch Memorial weekend, the hot dogs had plenty of fixings on top.....we finished with a cone of soft served ice cream...very good and not skimpy....

Reviewed 28 May 2013

A fun local boite for good soft ice cream in many flavors. I enjoy the shakes very much, plus they offer hot dogs and snacks. A must stop[ if you have small children with you.