“Delicious!”

Ranked #6 of 86 Restaurants in Southport
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located on the historic Old Yacht Basin, the Frying Pan features fresh, local favorites from grilled and pan-seared seafood to perfectly fried specialties. Combined with savory homemade sweet potato biscuits and desserts by our own Ms. Dot, the Frying Pan offers unique combinations to suit any palateand fill the soul. Come by and get a taste of the low country served with a side of southern hospitality.
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We tried the Frying Pan after falling in love with Provisions and we were not disappointed! The food was absolutely delicious. It is definitely a little more upscale compared to the other restaurants nearby and it was perfect for our anniversary dinner. The view from our table was breathtaking and both my husband I left with our hearts and bellies full. Can't wait to return for some more of those amazing homemade potato chips!

1  Thank Kara F

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Excellent food and great atmosphere. Staff had to close plastic windows when a storm came up. Everyone clapped. Fun experience.

1  Thank John G
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

The food and service will bring me back every time I'm in Southport. Excellent food from a great staff of servers.

The place was really hot though, and I didn't see (or feel) any signs of air conditioning. Thankful it wasn't a scorcher of a day.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

There is no doubt that the setting at the Frying Pan is one of the best. Awesome views! (we happen to hit it on the night of the super moon, 7/12 and it was amazing!
Service: Staff is always friendly and attentive. This is our 3rd time visiting. We had guests and wanted to treat them to the view. My complaint on the night we went, is there were certain staff that all they did was circle the restaurant and ask if they could take your finished plate. We felt very rushed and bothered by that. I understand they have alot of people waiting (not my problem)
Food: very average at best. I have had their "baskets" and also their chef specials and IMHO, the food is nothing to write home about. My advise - loose the baskets. When I order a meal 18-22 $$ range, I don't expect it to arrive in a paper lined plastic basket, mostly filled with french fries! I ordered popcorn shrimp/fish basket and the fish was as "mushy" as I have ever tasted!
Atmosphere: again, great setting overlooking the water, but if you want a quiet, intimate setting - don't go here - the main room is VERY loud!
Note: If you are traveling with older companions/family members - they do have a handicapp elevator to accommodate those folks, which we really appreciated!
For the food, until they change the concept/quality, we won't be going back. Love the folks and staff there, though!

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Great food, location and the staff were amazing! Would come again! The only thing I would say is I had my 9 month old daughter with us and there were no changing table in the restrooms. But this would not deter me from coming back!

1  Thank LeAnn Q