“Your basic diner with good food and friendly service”

Local's Family Diner
Ranked #13 of 81 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Cheap Eats, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Atlanta, Georgia
“Your basic diner with good food and friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Clearly a favorite with locals. All your basic breakfast items, very good, well-prepared, served up hot by friendly waitresses who refill your coffee cup frequently.

Visited May 2014

Myrtle Beach, SC
“Awesome Home-cooked Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

My lovely bride Betty and I dined at this fine establishment this evening and was extremely delighted by not only the food, but the service and friendliness of the staff.

The restaurant parking lot was packed and I thought to myself oh no a long wait, but we were greeted and seated with no wait. Amber showed up within a minute or so and took our drink order and within 10 minutes our food was sitting in front of us.

Amber took very excellent care of us as she took our order, delivered our food which was perfect, and gave us our check. She was very efficient and her attitude was wonderful, Amber made us feel as if we were part of the family.

Betty has a special diet she must follow and Amber made absolutely sure that Betty was taken care of. Her meal was wonderful as was mine.

Local's Family Diner has been around for 20 years or more according to Amber and they pride themselves in excellent service and that personal touch.

Please give this fine restaurant a try when you visit Southport, NC. You will not be disappointed at all. I see other reviews below that were less than satisfactory, It is extremely difficult to believe this could have happened. Betty and I were ecstatic with the food, service and atmosphere.

Many thanks, Locals Family Diner for a great time!!!!

Scott and Betty Lawrence
Myrtle Beach, SC

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank scottk4sl
Vero Beach, Florida
“Popular place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

I was told this was a good place to eat so I gave it a shot. Got there only to find it was a 20 minute wait. Ugh! Waited, got in and was seated. I was surprised how small it was inside. Got service and again waited for more than twenty minutes for my breakfast. Ugh! Was quite unhappy by this point and was getting ready to just leave when my food arrived. The food was very good and in good quantity. Reasonable prices. Service was lacking. I will definitely go back but not if there's a wait.

• Visited February 2014
Reston, VA
“This is the diner you're looking for”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

The name says it all, this is a local family diner. The food is good, and plentiful, and local (I don't recall seeing flounder and grits on a menu anywhere else.) The grits are notably good. Service is good. Atmosphere is, well, a diner. Definitely worth a stop.

• Visited February 2014
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Unassuming Decor Masks Best Breakfast in Town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

True to it's name, Local's is just that, a local joint, owned by local folks serving the best breakfast for miles around. Very friendly atmosphere, good and plentiful coffee and true Southern diner servers makes this a great stop!

• Visited June 2013