“WOW! Christmas gifting made easy and awesome!”
Review of Southport Taffy & Fudge Factory - CLOSED

Southport Taffy & Fudge Factory
Description: We are moving our location to 112 E. Moore St. Through the Courtyard. We will be reopening 2/1/2014. Please bear with us as we put the old time atmosphere back together. Southport Taffy & Fudge Factory is a shop that brings the old nostalgic feel of the boardwalk to Southport. The owners, Mark & Diane Salyer of Southport, felt that the old taffy & fudge shop atmosphere was missing in Southport so they decided to open one.
Southport, North Carolina
“WOW! Christmas gifting made easy and awesome!”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

My dad raved and raved about the best fudge he ever had! So easy and great packaging, too!

Dad called to wish me a happy birthday but jumped right into how much he LOVED the fudge we sent him for Christmas. I consider him quite the connoisseur as he has traveled the world with lots of stops for fine chocolate and fudge. (In other words, he loves his treats). I have never heard him go on and on about any gift I have given him before. It was so easy, too. I went online, chose my tin and fudge and paid for it. I never had to go to the post office or anything. Plus....it easily fit into my budget and cost way less than anything else I could have bought him. He is 80 and has plenty of "stuff."

Thanks Southport Taffy & Fudge Factory. It's great to have you in the neighborhood but also online. Looking forward to your new location, too. We'd follow you anywhere as long as you keep making that GREAT Fudge and Taffy!

I'll be online for Valentine's Day and Dad's Birthday now, too now that I'm the #1 daughter due to my fine Fudge gifting talents!

• Visited December 2013

Highlands Ranch, Colorado
“Best taffy ever!!”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We get taffy and fudge whenever we are traveling and find a taffy and fudge store. This was one of the best places ever. The taffy was super super fresh and soft. I had to take the taffy away from the kids or they would have eaten it all today. We waited until we got home to eat the fudge and it was just as fantastic. We got 6 different kinds of fudge and they were all excellent. I was worried as I looked at all the things we had purchased and wondered how I was going to pay for it but I didn't have to worry. I paid less than $20 and got over a pound of fudge and several pieces of taffy. The service was impeccable especially since they were closing the next day in preparation for their move. I can't imagine what is available when they are at full capacity. This stop is worth the ferry ride and walk. Can't wait to see the new store. I was also impressed by how my children were treated. They love to pick out their own flavors of taffy and go back and forth among the barrels trying to decide, in other stores they have not been treated kindly. At this store, they were talked to like they were the paying customer and treated with respect. Thank you.

• Visited December 2013
High Point, NC
“And We Haven't Even Eaten the Fudge Yet”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

After lunch, we walked three blocks to the fudge shop to pick up some gifts for family back home. The store is a charmer, led by the sincerely nice young lady behind the counter. We put together collections of about twenty different flavors of wrapped taffy for the grand kids. Then our friendly guide in confections told us about the special on fudge (buy a pound get a half pound free). So we took advantage of the broad selection of fudge flavors to put together a couple more gifts for home. The prices are reasonable, about $14 per pound for high quality fudge. You just had to look at it to know exactly how good it would taste.

• Visited October 2013
Jonas Ridge, North Carolina
“Good Sweet Stop!”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My wife and I stopped here on our recent short trip to Southport. We got four kinds of fudge and and about 6 kinds of taffy. All were very good. I noted a review that mentioned it being pricey; I always visit fudge shops (old timey peanut butter baby!) in any town we visit, and I didn't think it it was excessive-maybe even a bit on the cheaper side compared to some (?)

• Visited September 2013
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Good but...PRICEY”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We filled 2 bags of taffy (half full each) and got a variety of chocolates/ candies that filled a small box (roughly 8 pieces). Don't get me wrong it was good-but not $37 good! For that price I would expect each piece of chocolate to be individually wrapped.

Visited September 2013
des6600, Owner at Southport Taffy & Fudge Factory, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
We're glad you liked our candy; however we are concerned that you thought it was pricey. We are priced below like candy stores in Charleston, Myrtle Beach and Savannah. I reviewed your order and noticed you had almost 2 lbs of taffy, the pretzel stick (which was wrapped in cellophane with a bow), an animal sucker that was taken to eat right away, pralines (wrapped in tissue, a couple buckeyes (in candy liners) and a cashew cluster (wrapped in our quick sheets so the caramel doesn't melt onto the other candy). We make all of our candy at the store and purposely don't wrap each piece so that people can see what they get. We will however take your comment under consideration and see how we can package our chocolates better in the future.