“YUMMY!”

Burneys Bakery & Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Southport
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Wow, what an awesome place. When they first opened I assumed they wouldn't make it very long. I am sooo glad I was wrong, and the reason they are still around is that they are full of awesome. I get so excited when I see a box from Burney's sitting on the counter.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Have not been to the bakery but the bakery came to me. Attended a covered dish dance where someone brought the cronuts. They were basically stuffed croissants with a glacé topping. I had the lemon stuffing and it was terrific. Others had the custard and chocolate filled and they raved about how good they were. I can't wait to get to Southport to try their other pastries and to have some more cronuts.

Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

We stopped in cause they were open and came out with a bag full of goodies. I got a miniature key lime pie that was really good. Also got some croissants. We got an apply, blueberry, and some regular. Not a huge croissant eater, but these were really good! They were full but still flaky and had a good taste to them.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Having passed by this shop a few times this week on our first visit to Southport, today was the day we decided to go in and "just take a look".

The inside was bright and clean, with glass cases filled with sugary goodness and plenty of places to sit. Donuts with and without piles of frosting, regular, glazed(!) and filled croissants, cinnamon rolls hidden under a flood of frosting... it was hard to choose!

Service was quick and friendly, and prices were lower than I was expecting (compared to bakeries up in New England that I'm used to). Our favorites are a toss up between the glazed croissants and the fritters... but from a crowd of 10 people we had no complaints about any of the choices.

Will definitely be back again...

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Not just another bakery! Situated right on Howe Street and almost hard to miss but watch for the BAKERY flag and stop in for yummy treats and ice cream. Late one night, a friend suggested stopping in a for a JAPANESE PIE, a 4" delight, sort of like pecan pie base but with coconut, nuts and raisins. We also ordered an assortment of glazed/filled croissants like buttercream, bavarian, cherry and cream cheese but must be 10 varieties in all and they MELT in your mouth. They have mini pies, donuts, bear paws, cookies, cannolis, creme filled horns and slices of key lime cake with awesome buttercream frosting. The ice cream bar offers at least 10 flavors to cone, dish or float. Selena and Pat are pleasant and quick to satisfy your sweet tooth; place is bright and clean with indoor seating. Stop by when you save room for dessert as prices are great value/under $1 with a nice selection of sugary surprises!!!

1  Thank PApatti915