“Tengu sushi”

Ranked #57 of 81 Restaurants in Southport
Good for: Child-friendly
“Tengu sushi”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

The Sushi chef creates rolls that are so beautiful you almost don't want to eat them but you have to cause they are sooo delicious!!! Go!

Huntersville, United States
“Less then adequate service, average for hibachi but good for area”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I frequent lots of hibachi style steak houses, and this one is the middle of the road. I would have given it a 4 based on the food, but the service was so poor. Our drinks sat empty and we had to request refills multiple times. Additionally, our chef did not speak English at all and could not understand any request at all, and the manager was the same way, very frustrating. I would give it another try though.

• Visited July 2014
“Better than we though”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We were one of the few guest in the restaurant but the food was good and the portions where very large. The chef was very friendly.

Visited January 2014
“First 5? Thought it was great!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Thought there'd be more reviews, but looking at Trip Advisor I saw it only had 3 reviews and no 5's. I thought it was great. Friendly service, great food and reasonable prices. Comparable with other Japanese restaurants at least. I had the Hibachi steak and chicken and a California roll. Everything tasted fresh and delicious. Chef was awesome. Have no bad marks on this one. Don't be afraid of the reviews, or lack thereof.

Southport, North Carolina
“Disappointed on my Birthday”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My family and I have enjoyed going to Tengu for our birthdays and other special occasions for years. We went there last week to celebrate my birthday. We didn't get shrimp appetizers. The filet I ordered was very small and thin. The filet used to be cut in one inch cubes and was juicy and flavorful. This steak was too thin to even cook medium rare. The vegetables were under cooked and almost raw, again no flavor. Our soup and salad dishes were left on the table. Dishes have always been cleared as we ate. The whole meal just seemed hurried and impersonal. I don't know why our experience was bad this particular night and I hope this is not the norm for this restaurant now.

• Visited August 2013