“Food and margaritas”
Review of Plaza Mariachi Southport - CLOSED

Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The food was great and the tequila was lacking some margarita mix just the way I like it. I highly recommend

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Food was great, HUGE servings, cheap and service was top notch! Will make plans to revisit again for sure!

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Went with some friends on Saturday night. I had read the reviews and wanted to give it a try. We had a combination plate and the fajitas. Both were excellent, but after asking for water three times and being treated like we didn't exist the excitement was gone. I'm not sure if Gera was new to servicing but he could certainly use a refresher course on how to be attentive and friendly. I will give them another chance and hope for better service.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

They just opened a several months ago, I have been several times and I have Always enjoyed my meal. The service was great as well. They remolded the inside which is very nice an updated looking. They bar is beautiful. Anyway I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Visited family in Southport over the holidays. Went to Plaza Mariachi the day after Christmas. First off, on the outside, the restaurant doesn't look promising. The inside however is very nice. Very open and clean. The bar area is very inviting, comfortable booths, nothing like the 'hole in the wall' Mexican restaurants I've been to before. Food was wonderful! A great variety of menu items. Even finicky eaters have plenty of options. Cranberry Margarita was delicious. Everyone shared fried ice cream for dessert, which was a first for me! It was definitely worth the calorie splurge. Will go back the next time I'm in the area.