“Really great BBQ Southern Style”

Southport Smokehouse
Ranked #5 of 83 Restaurants in Southport
Price range: US$5 - US$17
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Hickory-smoked pork, beef, ribs, sausage and chicken in a family-friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We have eaten here as well as done several carryout meals. The smoked pork and beef are excellent as are the ribs. The prices are VERY reasonable for the portions. Love the sauces! Several choices of sides - all good, but side are not our thing. Would highly recommend a visit - eat in is very casual, and a great carryout! We will make this one of our first choices for a carryout meal.

1  Thank Eileen G
There are newer reviews for Southport Smokehouse

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The pulled pork was the best I have ever had. The brisket was tender and very flavorful. There were several sauce choices but none were needed. Will go there again.

1  Thank Renee O
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We ate there last night. A great aroma of smoke greets you at the door, and the place is clean and decorated nicely. I had brisket on a bun, with the brisket tender and moist but not fatty. Wife had pulled pork on a bun, tender and nicely smoked. My son had a 1/2 rack of ribs that were meaty and well smoked. We had the mac and cheese as a side, and it was delicious. They had a variety of sauces, from sweet to mustard based to vinegar based, as proper barbecue demands. We enjoyed our meal, and will be back again.

1  Thank John H
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised at the nice atmosphere and tasty food. Great rub on the rack of ribs. Delicious pulled pork and brisket. Everything made in house. Try the sweet bbq sauce and the spicy sauce. Yummy banana pudding. Will go again.

1  Thank travelbugzzz
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My husband and I went to lunch today at this restaurant (first time). I had brisket on a bun and white cole slaw. The brisket was fresh,
generous portion,
Not fatty and just delicious . The cole slaw was cold and fresh. Good service in a clean eating place
My husband had the ribs which were full of meat and delicious. I highly recommend this restaurant
You won't be disappointed