“great place and great people”

Skydive Coastal Carolinas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Skydive Coastal Carolinas is the premier destination for skydiving the North Carolina coast offering some of the best ocean views in the world! Located within easy reach of Myrtle Beach, Wilmington, Surf City, and Oak Island, we are a full-service facility providing tandem skydiving as well as programs to become a certified skydiver. Come jump with our highly experienced instructors and make a memory you will never forget!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I am an experience skydiver and was in Southport for work, i stopped in to visit the place and people were so friendly and the place looked great. Everyone was super nice and very informative about the area.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I have been coming to Oak Island for the past 12 years and have always dreamed of skydiving ever since I saw the sign by the airport. I finally decided I was going to do it this year!

My first tandem jump was in June and I loved it so much I went back a few hours later and did it again! My aunt went the second time and loved it too!

Today was my third jump and of course it was amazing! I love the people, everyone there is amazing and makes the whole experience even better! I jumped with Bob the first two times and he's super great. He really made it feel easy! This time I jumped with Laura and she's awesome as well! They love what they do and it's contagious! I love doing this and I really love coming here to do it! The view is spectacular and the people are even more so!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I started out going to SCC in 2012 going on my own not knowing anyone and jumping with Laura. After going the first time alone, I have not gone alone since then and each person I've brought has LOVED their jump and the facility. This facility is very laid back and treats you like you are their family, which, in skydiving, I am learning you are a family. The views from the plane and under canopy are amazing and absolutely beautiful. I have jumped with both Bob and Laura who are encouraging and love seeing people really enjoy their time. Key is to listen to their instructions. talk to people/other jumpers there and they are usually super friendly and will offer advice to you if you need it or want to discuss techniques with them

I have since almost finished the AFF program (1 jump left as of today) and never believed I would be jumping out of a plane with my own canopy!!! If you have any GLIMMER that you want to jump more than once or think you'd like to be able to be a fun jumper, save your money and enter the AFF program - this consists of 4 tandems, ground school and 5 solo jumps with one instructor (barring you pass those levels). Laura is the instructor there for the solo jumps and she does an amazing job. Bob teaches the ground school and is very thorough - take notes, ask questions and listen.

I love it and I am going to be proud to call SCC my home drop zone

Thank you SCC Staff - from the Owners to the instructors to the pilot to the packers and to the doggies (usually sweet girl Slider is there daily) this is a great facility and I'm glad you're here!

SKYDIVE ON!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I was both nervous and excited about jumping out of an airplane, and the amazing thing about the folks at Skydive Coastal Carolinas is that they make it all so easy. You truly don't have to do anything but follow one simple instruction at a time. Laura and Bob are both laid back and fun as well as being very experienced and clearly competent. As Laura said during our preflight orientation, you couldn't mess them up if you tried. Several members of my family jumped together, and everyone had a great time. Here's hoping we get to do it again next year!