“Lovely, inviting Inn”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Southport
Lois Jane's Riverview Inn
Ranked #3 of 9 Southport B&B and Inns
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Lovely, inviting Inn”
Reviewed 28 September 2012

While travelling alone as a female, I was looking for a safe, inviting environment. I got so much more. The inn is beautifully decorated and well-kept, the staff was very helpful and friendly, Miss Mary's room was exquisite and the full breakfast was well prepared. I look forward to spending more time here!

Room Tip: Miss Mary's Room was spacious and has access to an upstairs balcony.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank AESS1960

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
mills river nc
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Needed a place to stay before taking the ferry to Bald Head Island. But next time, I think I will stay in Southport at the Riverview and skip Bald Head!
Needed much more time to visit in Southport...and the Riverview is right on the river and within walking distance of lots of things. Park right next door...several great seafood restaurants just down the street within walking distance. Great clean room with coffee pot, fridge...park right in front. Easy check in. Reminds me of travels of my childhood and the motor inns we stayed in. We will be back

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank merrilljMillsRiverNc
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I needed some time to myself and decided to go back to the Riverside Motel. I had been here in May with my Mom and had to leave early because she wasn't feeling well. I fell in love with Room 3. Right on the water and you can watch the boats go by, I have a shot of a sail boat as my computer screen now. One night my battery was dead in my car and Erin and her hubby helped me right out. I really loved the lazy time reading and watching the water and also the many things to do right there at the motel. I went for long walks through those gorgeous streets, went for a ghost walk, spent the morning on Bald Head walking and hitching rides with generous people driving golf carts, and walking along Oak Island Beach nearby. Plenty of great places to eat too, the resturant right next to the motel is always good with comfort seafood. I came home much happier and relaxed. Thanks guys, I'll be back! =:o]

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Charlotte H
Southport, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 September 2012

A second time staying at the Riverside Motel (across the street from the Inn). For a vintage motel, it is kept nicely; very clean and spacious. Bathrooms are on the small side and I had to ask for a hairdryer, but all in all, can't complain. The one thing that would have made the night a bit better would be a quieter AC, but no hotel/motel have quiet AC's! The Hospitality is just what you would expect in the South; friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Deb1776VA
Faith, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I had never stayed in the town of Southport before and found Lois Jane's by information on the internet. I booked a room at the motel on APRIL 3 for a date in Aug. My daughter and I were planning on attending a wedding at the Community Center and everything would be in walking distance from the motel. Arrived on 8/24 after driving 5 hrs and was told we could not stay there..problem with a broken pipe in our room. All of my contact #'s were available and NO ONE tried to call me to tell me this. We were NEVER apologized to, but were offered a room at the inn for a $40 additional charge Explained to the lady that I had not planned on that additional amount of money per night, so she offered to lower the price a bit but stated , "you can't have the breakfast though". I feel that she should have at least tried to help us out being that we were NOT contacted before time. Again, we had driven 5 hours just to get there. We were referred to a motel about a mile away. She never mentioned another family owned motel only 5 blocks away which we found by accident, and which turned out to be quite a blessing to stay there. I must stress again how much an apology can mean to someone when faced with a situation such as this. I would never again attempt to try to stay at Lois Jane's, nor would I refer this location to any of my friends or family. I believe in "Southern Hospitality" and failed to find it here.

Room Tip: Check on reservations at The Inn at River Oaks. Located at 512 N Howe St in Southport. The rooms a...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Faithlisa
Asheboro, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2012

This was a family vacation, and one of our favorites! The Riverview is so roomy, and clean. We enjoyed the room, but the back yard was breathtaking! There is a swing & chairs on your oun deck, plus the view is spectacular! The Oak Island Lighthouse is visable across the sound, and there are boats of all discriptions sailing across for your viewing pleasure! The staff were very polite, and most helpful. Nice folk! Stay here, you'll love it!!

Room Tip: Get a room with a view, water front!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank PamMatRiverview
Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 August 2012

We stayed at the Riverside motel, across the street from the B&B. The rooms are clean & a good size... directly on the water with front porch swings and awesome views! It was so relaxing to just sit on the swing and watch the boats. Is also within walking distance to many shops & restaurants. I highly recommend the Silver Coast winery store, Provisions restaurant & Fishy Fishy restaurant. Great people! Easy 10 minute drive to beaches on Oak Island.

Room Tip: We had a corner room - 2 beds - it's roomier than the others.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leslie27870
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southport
Wingate by Wyndham Southport
#2 of 5 in Southport
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Southport - Oak Island Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Carolina Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach

Been to Lois Jane's Riverview Inn? Share your experiences!