“We feel like family!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Sparta B&B and Inns
Midland, NC
“We feel like family!”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Our recent stay at Harmony Hill Bed and Breakfast was wonderful! The rooms are beautifully decorated, and the entire house is elegant but cozy at the same time. The grounds are gorgeous and we could tell that much thought went into the plants' placements as well as the decorative pieces. I wish the weather had been better because I could have easily settled down outside in a comfy chair with a book, enjoying the beautiful scenery. Our hosts, Barbara and Jim, were so warm and cordial we relaxed right away, and by the end of our stay my husband and I felt like we'd found long-lost relatives. Forget your diet when you visit because you will NOT want to miss the yummy breakfasts! Harmony Hill is a true gem, one I hope we visit soon again.

Room Tip: I peeked in a few of the rooms before we left and all of them were beautifully furnished with large...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alicia48
Barbara H, Owner at Harmony Hill Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Alicia and John,
I loved your review, and I realize how tardy I am in sending a response back. It has been a wee bit busy here, but we did survive October. You both were so kind and gracious, and we certainly appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice note for us. Hopefully, future guests will be quick to choose Harmony Hill as their place of destination as a result of your kind words. Hurry back to us soon.

Barbara and Jim

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We loved our stay at Harmony Hill!! The house is amazing, Barbara and Jim the perfect hosts, and the whole experience just incredible. A beautiful area. Breakfast was delicious! We would highly recommend this B&B - not sure how it could have possibly been better.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Wendy and Haven,
We loved you guys and feel so fortunate you chose Harmony Hill as your place of destination. Thanks so much for taking the time to write a kind review for us. We did survive October, and we hope to see you on the hill soon.

Jim and Barbara
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The web site makes this place look excellent, but a web site can only do so much. The web site does not do justice to the setting, nor the decoration of the rooms, nor the views from all of the windows, nor the quality of the food, nor the abundance and variety of reading material, nor the grounds. And no website can do justice to the thoughtfulness of the hosts or the sense of harmony that prevails on this hill. What a value! We’ll be back.

Room Tip: View from Peach Bottom room is particularly good.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peter F
Peter,
First of all, please forgive me for my tardiness in responding to such a great review. Jim and I feel so lucky to have wonderful guests like you two who notice every detail and appreciate all that we try to do. You both were so kind, and I certainly hope we live up to your high standards and remarks. We look forward to impressing you again.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 September 2013

You won't likely drive by this B&B during your travels as it is tucked away in the beautiful mountain hills. I had stayed in a B&B years ago while on business in CO and wanted my wife to experience staying in one as opposed to the typical chain hotel. We finally had the opportunity and I rolled the dice and selected Harmony Hill after visiting their website. I couldn't have done better! Jim and Barbara were great hosts and made us feel at home from the start. The house, the story, the history, and the grounds were awesome. Clean, comfortable, beautiful, delicious are all adjectives that come to mind. Thanks Jim and Barbara, we look forward to our next stay.

Jody & Greg, Chapel Hill, NC

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Jody and Greg,
Please forgive us for being so tardy with our response; however, we do have a good excuse. We have been SO BUSY on the hill, which is a good thing. We survived October, and now we are getting ready for the Holidays. Please know how much your review meant to the two of us. We loved having you, and we hope you will leave beautiful Chapel Hill and travel our way again.

Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Barbara and Jim are wonderful hosts. We were greeted and made to feel welcome upon our arrival. Barbara is so attentive and pleasant. She went out of her way to take care of us and everyone else who seemed to be checking in around the same time. From the welcome tray of treats and beverages to the wonderful music on the deck... Harmony HIll is a beautiful and peaceful place to get away for one or many nights. This was our first but certainly not our last stay at Harmony Hill.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks to you both for such a kind and thoughtful review. I realize how tardy I am in thanking you; however, we have been a wee bit busy on the hill. What a season we had. From May to October, all our guests were wonderful, and the nights we had music were unbelievable. A little bit of rain did not stop us at all. Please consider us again when you need a night away.

Orchard Park, New York
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed at some great places on our motorcycle trip thru the Blue Ridge mountains, but this was THE BEST! I am not typically a bed and breakfast kind of girl, but Harmony Hill was truly wonderful. Everything was perfect. Each room is beautifully decorated, and has their own on-suite bathroom! Our hosts, Barb and Jim were great. We were treated to Barb's Pecan Pancakes with peaches and ice cream, certainly worth getting up for! The views and grounds were beautiful. Do not hesitate to book here, you will certainly enjoy your stay!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Gail,
Please know how embarrassed we are to be responding to your kind review with such tardiness. Our only excuse is that we have been SO BUSY at Harmony Hill, which is a wonderful thing. There were days that I feared I might not get the rooms ready in time. Please ride your motorcycle down our way again. I certainly hope I have made a believer out of you. B&B's are the way to travel. If you return, I will do my best to keep you happy.

Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Barbara and Jim are wonderful hosts. We were greeted and made to feel welcome upon our arrival. Barbara is so attentive and pleasant. She went out of her way to take care of us and everyone else who seemed to be checking in around the same time. Harmony HIll is a beautiful and peaceful place to get away for one or many nights. This was our first but certainly not our last stay at Harmony Hill.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
George,
I realize how late this response is, and my only excuse is that we have been so fortunate to have so many wonderful guests such as the two of you. What a season we had at Harmony Hill. We did survive October, and we are gearing up for the Holidays. Please consider us when you need a relaxing get-a-way. We are only two hours away.

Barbara
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sparta
Alleghany Inn
Knights Inn Galax
Knights Inn Galax
#2 of 5 in Galax
The Cabins at Healing Springs

Been to Harmony Hill Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!